Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
University High School is a top rated, public school located in Tolleson, AZ. It has 465 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 27 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
University High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A350 Students
- A291 Students
- B282 Students
- B152 Students
- A+119 Students
- B+104 Students
- A79 Students
- B+60 Students
- A+50 Students
- B+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
University High School Reviews
I love most of the teachers here! The teachers are well qualified and you truly learn from the best. It is true; the workload is intense. University High School is for students who aren’t lazy and are willing to put in the work. I did and everything has paid off! Thanks to the opportunities provided to me and the academic readiness, I will be attending a prestigious out of state college! I’m addition, the class size is small which allows you to know everyone. Everyone who goes here cares about school which is soo nice compared to other schools where students don’t listen and are always on their phones. This school is amazing, but it needs more funding. We need new buildings and money for our individual school needs.
University High School provides a very rigorous academic program for students. It focuses on college-readiness and providing a challenging curriculum to students who perform well academically. The learning material is usually well taught to students, however some teachers were not as experienced and were somewhat confusing when teaching. University High School relies on the school it shares its campus with, Tolleson Union High School, for most things outside of academics. Tolleson provides good, nutritious food to its students with many options. It has many sports programs, even being one of the few schools in the district to have a swimming pool. However, it does not have a large variety of clubs and where it provides many options for sports, it provides very few for the arts.
Overall I think that university is an okay school. The guidance counselors aren’t the most approachable people, students take drugs to stay awake so they’re able to study longer ( or they just do drugs in general), huge academic dishonesty that is not brought to light, most of the students are stressed and depressed, and the list goes on. But, university is so diverse and I have not seen anyone get bullied in my 2 years of attending, I have made amazing friends who are interested in the same things I am and because we share a campus with tolleson, I’m able to hang out with other groups/cliques. It’s a win-lose situation when it comes to classes, I can take the same classes at Tolleson with less work but the pressure is what makes or breaks students into becoming independent and productive college students. The teachers are kind of a hit or miss as well, some of them are so rude and unbearable ( usually AP teachers) but some of them are nice and unforgettable.