Imagine a place where teenagers are accepted and respected for who they are; where teachers are as friendly and approachable as they are qualified; where every student visitor is greeted with an enthusiastic round of applause.
Imagine a place where zero tolerance for bullying, hate speech, and exclusion is monitored just as much by students as it is by teachers. Imagine a place where students are not only preparing for and looking toward college — plus earning millions of dollars in merit scholarships — but are also living meaningful lives today.
This place is University High School.
University High School of Indiana Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A42 Students
- A+30 Students
- A28 Students
- A-12 Students
- A-11 Students
- A+11 Students
- B+9 Students
- A+9 Students
- A-9 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review University High School of Indiana
University High School of Indiana Reviews
-The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
-Man Alive by Thomas Page McBee
-The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
-The Color Purple by Alice Walker
-The Tempest by William Shakespeare
-The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
-Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
-Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
-The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemmingway
-Animal Farm by George Orwell
Unintentionally, many otherwise "banned" books are celebrated at University, and while the school has its fair share of sophisticated and dry novels (See: The Illiad, All Quiet on the Western Front, Homage to Catalonia, Hamlet, etc), the story itself is definitely celebrated, and all perspectives are imperative.
The history teachers run hot and cold - they're the coolest crew at the school, but many come from non-educational backgrounds, which can make class more passive than engaging. Still, they do a stellar job of connecting past events to current life, and use tons of primary sources and recent articles to round out a student's experience.
Science and math are sub par in the lower levels, but become quite hands on and challenging for upperclassmen!
Great communicators - they truly care about their school!