University High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B76 Students
- A+66 Students
- A66 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+52 Students
- A50 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+47 Students
- A38 Students
- A-30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
University High School Reviews
Review University High School
The teachers at University High School are truly amazing! They really care about the students and they are a big help to all the students. You get that one on one teaching and the teachers really care whether or not you are actually understanding what they are teaching. They are able to be reached at anytime a student needs help and they do more than the average teacher at a regular high school does, some teachers even do the homework every night with us. They try really hard and they put in a lot of work not only in school, but also out side of school and on their free time.
The administration and staff work together and do their best to give students he best opportunities and the best education they can. The quality of education is excellent: in depth teaching for understanding and application rather than simply to do well on tests. Overall, students learn important strategies for approaching and overcoming any task. Similarly, the competitive environment creates an ambitious student culture. Although said competitiveness can create its own social conflicts he experiences, good and bad, are priceless. The workload is surely intense, and it requires the best from its students. Burn out is very likely, especially if one does not learn how to manage his or her time well. However, it's one of the many lessons that comes with being a phoenix. I learned many things inside and outside of the classroom. The academic and social experiences contributed to who I am, and made me the Honors Student at UC Irvine that I am today.
This school contains motivated students who push themselves to the next level. UHS students take college classes beginning in the sophomore year and are required to take Latin for two years and music theory and performing groups for all four years. Sometimes, the pressure can be too much, with college readiness activities and speeches beginning freshmen year, but it is not a cutthroat environment like many other competitive schools.