University Academy - Upper School is an above average, public, charter school located in Kansas City, MO. It has 217 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
University Academy - Upper School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-81 Students
- B+71 Students
- B55 Students
- B54 Students
- A-50 Students
- B47 Students
- B36 Students
- C32 Students
- A-27 Students
- A-27 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesB+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like University Academy - Upper School
- C-Hogan Preparatory Academy
- Hogan Preparatory Academy, MO
- 92 reviews
- CGuadalupe Centers High School
- Public School
- Kansas City, MO
- 18 reviews
- C+Frontier School of Excellence - Upper
- Frontier School of Innovation, MO
- 6 reviews
- BAllen Village High School
- Allen Village, MO
- 35 reviews
University Academy - Upper School Reviews
University Academy values every student. They want to make sure that the students succeed in their academics and become great leaders of society. The school prepares their students for success beyond high school. The quality of education given to the students is great. It aligns with college curriculum. This level of education requires a strong work ethic, a skill that stays with the student and adds to their character. I like that my school provides students with great opportunities to not only be leaders but to also be explorers. Students are able to study abroad their Sophomore or Junior year of high school. For this, I am very thankful. I would like to see a change in our class sizes since their so small.
I have been at University Academy since I was a freshman, I’m a senior now. I personally think this is a great school, it is difficult but it challenges me to try my best. University Academy was the first charter school in the Nation to win the Blue Ribbon award. This award was to honor the significant amount of student achievement. It is a small school but it is slowly being recognized as one of the best schools in Kansas City, Missouri. I am honestly proud and honored to be a part of this school. I am and forever will be, a gryphon.
The thing I like about University Academy Upper School is that it challenges its students to prompt them for college. They teach students adequate work ethic and how to stay organized and prepared for college. It gives us, as students, a taste of what college life would be like academically.