Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Unity High School is an above average, public school located in Tolono, IL. It has 535 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Unity High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus84 Students
- grade A+76 Students
- grade B72 Students
- grade B42 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade B+21 Students
- grade A+21 Students
- grade C+19 Students
- grade A+18 Students
- grade B18 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responses
- Great Auction for charity30%
- Hall of Fame inductions.13%
- Student council Week10%
- Pep rallies3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,826 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
Schools like Unity High School
- grade A minusSt. Joseph-Ogden High School
- Public School
- Saint Joseph, IL
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 132 reviews
- grade B+Tuscola High School
- Tuscola Community Unit School District No. 301, IL
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 22 reviews
- grade B minusVilla Grove High School
- Villa Grove Community Unit School District No. 302, IL
- Rating 3.13 out of 5 40 reviews
- grade AMonticello High School
- Monticello Community Unit School District No. 25, IL
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 85 reviews
Unity High School Reviews
Rating 3.52 out of 5 110 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
During my attendance at Unity High School, I have noticed a massive favoritism towards anyone in the athletics department. I would like to see an increase of quality teachers that are willing to work with students to allow us to learn and grow. The college readiness with regards to the Early College and Career Academics(ECCA) is really good. The ECCA program allows upper class-men to experience a real college setting to prepare themselves for a college environment. While the ECCA program is good, the teachers who prepare students for college are not. I have consistently had to ask teachers to make plans for extra help or to make up tests without any progress on their end. Many of the teachers have favorites and express them in a way that only benefits the individual.
Unity high school is by far the best high schools. This school allows you to attend all kinds of activities and school events. One of the greatest ffa chapter and sports teams the teacher set you up for college and prepare you for the real world. Teachers understand the kind of person you may be and your strengths and weaknesses. They are all understanding and when tragedy’s happens unit seven is there with you through every step of the way!
Overall, the faculty and staff are very easy to work with and really care about what is best for their students. They go above and beyond to make sure each student gets one-on-one academic help and attention. The learning environment is excellent. At Unity, students are able to get the best education as long as they apply themselves. I am grateful to have gone to a school that provides a great education and teaches their students what it takes to be a well-rounded person.