United World College USA Reviews

I loved and hated my time at UWC-USA. It was a wonderful time in my life where I was able to experience a taste of independence and meet people my own age from all around the world. Now I have friends from Colombia, Haiti, Nigeria, Uganda, Michigan- you name it!

However, the extreme isolation of the campus in combination with the stress that the IB provides, made me lose my mind, and sadly I had to drop out.

Luckily, the school noticed the mental health issues of the students and has made the IB program optional for the incoming class of 2022.

I would definitely return to UWC to work, most likely as a residential coordinator or diversity and inclusion person. In short, I had an overall great experience during my at UWC and was able to learn so much about myself and the world around me.

Oh yeah...and the food is terrible. You wouldn't think it bc we live in a freaking castle and have "chefs", but yeah, the food's trash.
A school with no equals! The impact of a UWC-USA education extends far beyond the two-year residential program. The school offers unparalleled diversity, a cross-cultural context that brings subject matter in the classroom to life through students and their personal experiences and history, and a deeply personal connection to people from more than 90 countries. The school offers generous scholarships and the opportunity for students to earn scholarships at some of the leading institutions of higher education in the country thanks to the Davis UWC Scholars Program in more than 90 of the finest universities in the U.S.
Not only did I get the tools and resources to achieve my personal goals, but I also found a deeply engaged community that over the two years shaped my understanding of the world. UWC-USA achieves more than a regular boarding school because it is its mission-driven and diverse student body that make it such a magical place!
Start Your Review of United World College USA
The United World College is like no other school out there. It is a place where you are surrounded by people from all over the world, submerged in a variety of cultures and pushed past your comfort zone. This was the place where I made friendships with some of the most amazing people, where I learned to appreciate the beauty of nature, and where I made some the best memories. I was challenged academically, but it was the place that I learned to understand the privilege of knowledge and take advantage of that so that others may too.
Uwc teachs everyone how important global education is. Through the diversity of uwc, each student learns how to take in different perspective from different people from around the world. You can not only think about the world from a different perspective but also think about how to get involved in issues around the world diversely.
I admire the motto and values of UWCUSA. It’s rare to see a school with this diverse community in New Mexico. The students inside are friendly and with various dreams on being a changemaker for the future. We need these leaders for our future!
I love UWC USA and am so blessed to go here. Sure, it has its downfalls. But, overall, students are taken care of immensely well and have great opportunities. It will be hard to leave here.

I hate IB and hope the school drops it soon; live the mission!
The internationalism at UWC is a great source of knowledge. Students at UWC share experiences and culture with one another, celebrating difference and diversity. The teachers are great, very devoted, and give there all for the students to have the best experience they can, both educationally and socially. The opportunities at UWC are numerous. There is a great variety of community projects, sports, and extra-curricular options to choose from and engage in. my time at UWC was very meaningful and I recommend it very much.
I love how diverse this school is, as well as how much students are allowed to take care and plan events.
UWC-USA is experiential education. This is a school that puts faces to global challenges, providing the resources and the motivations to make a lasting positive impact on the local, national, and international community.
Great experience. Unmatched opportunity in a unique setting, with top quality faculty. Apply early and take great care with the application process.
I love the diversity in everything including dining halls, dayrooms discussions and extra curricular activities
This school changed my perspective on my own abilities to change the world in that I feel I can now do just that; change the world. Despite the bullying issues at the school, it is an inspiring place where academics can be deliberately incorporated into personal endeavors with rewarding results. Opportunities to make these personal endeavors into full-scale, real-world entities through the school's experiential education program are really the most valuable set of experiences offered by UWC-USA. If you want to take a risk to believe you can do something on your own and if you are prepared to work hard, consider applying to this overall great school.
My experience at United World college was life changing. It offered me the opportunity to meet and learn and study with people from all over the world. The academics is rigorous and an excellent preparation for my study at Vanderbilt University. The campus is beautiful with an excellent wilderness skills, community service, and academic program.
It's a once in a lifetime opportunity! There are over 200 hundred students who represent over 100 different countries. I highly recommend that you apply.
UWC-USA is a life-changing experience full of opportunities to do what you feel passionate about doing and this school has changed my perspective of the world!
Best experience of my life. There are not enough words to describe what I feel will always be the best two years anyone could ever have. I learned in two years what I would I have learned being in the outside world in 10 years.
Start Your Review of United World College USA
The experience one as a student gets in UWC-USA is indescribable. Academics are this school are hard, but are worth the pain, because students when they graduate are very prepared for university.

UWC-USA has taught me the value of diversity, to respect one another no matter where we come from, and who we are. Also, I believe that one of the most important things I learned was that no matter where you come from, we all can share the same ideas, and ways to see the world. It is only a matter of learning that differences are what makes humans equal.

Moreover, due to the diversity, the perspectives of each individual makes the school unique. Students come to this school because they want to make the world a better place.

One thing I would change about the school would probably be the sports and extracurricular activities and make them more competitive and participate in different tournaments.
I absolutely loved my time here!!! It was awesome!!!! Would recommend!!! Made lots of memories here with my international friends :)
First of all, UWC-USA changed me as a person and I am happy to say that it is a positive change. I have a different perspective of the world now. After meeting students from almost a 100 countries I know more about their cultures. The friendships that you make in UWC are lifelong. It pushes you to come out of your comfort zone. I am very happy that I chose UWC-USA.

One thing I noticed and experienced is the immense pressure in the second year of IB. The pressure of getting good grades and standardized testing makes students depressed. Depression is very common among second years. I would like to see a change in that. They should try to prepare the student more in the first year as well so they don't get stressed in the second year.