- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade unavailable
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B minus
The United Nations International School (UNIS) is the school of the United Nations, and is a Pre-K-to-12th grade, coeducational, International Baccalaureate, college-preparatory day school. Founded in 1947 by a group of United Nations parents to provide an international education for their children, UNIS has grown into an internationally recognized educational institution.
Today, UNIS has 1,600 students and two campuses (Manhattan and Queens). There are 109 countries represented by our students and 69 countries by our faculty and staff.
UNIS was one of the founding schools of the International Baccalaureate (IB). The comprehensive Pre K-12 curriculum prepares UNIS students for the IB, and the school’s academic standards enable our students to study in top colleges and universities in the United States and worldwide. The UNIS international education enables students to become cognizant of the differences among the world’s people and to work together for the benefit of humankind.
United Nations International School - Manhattan Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+134 Students
- grade A+75 Students
- grade A+72 Students
- grade A+69 Students
- grade A+57 Students
- grade A+51 Students
- grade A+50 Students
- grade A+49 Students
- grade A+47 Students
- grade A46 Students
Modern Languages at UNIS
UNIS endorses a model of enriched language education in which all students acquire proficiency in two languages in addition to English and their home language(s). We offer language instruction in nine modern languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
- UN Day24%
- The Retreat17%
- International Food Day14%
- Spirit Week10%
- Summer Vacation2%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 15 responses
- Offers Full WeekNo data available
- Offers Part WeekNo data available
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayNo data available
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 21 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 21 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade C minus
United Nations International School - Manhattan Campus Reviews
Academics and teachers are great, safety measures in the pandemic were anticipated, communication is flawless and the headmaster is very approachable. What drove us to UNIS was the diversity the school offers. This is a real international school, and our sons made friends with kids coming from all over the world. What an opportunity!
The communication from the school with the parents is clear and transparent.
I highly recommend this school!