Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
United Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Armagh, PA. It has 492 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
United Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus78 Students
- grade B minus44 Students
- grade A42 Students
- grade A+37 Students
- grade B27 Students
- grade B26 Students
- grade B minus25 Students
- grade C+24 Students
- grade A minus20 Students
- grade C16 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responses
- Gnimocemoh, a power puff football game30%
- Pep Rallies22%
- Alumni football game11%
- Pep rallies4%
- Spirit Week4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$23,556 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like United Junior/Senior High School
- grade B minusConemaugh Township Area Middle/High School
- Conemaugh Township Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 44 reviews
- grade B minusHomer-Center Junior/Senior High School
- Homer-Center School District, PA
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 49 reviews
- grade B minusCentral Cambria High School
- Central Cambria School District, PA
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 102 reviews
- grade B minusDerry Area Senior High School
- Derry Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 135 reviews
United Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.25 out of 5 53 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
United High School is one family. The students and faculty members all show pride of the lions. When it comes to athletics, we have so much support for each team. We have assemblies before each football game to get the team ready. On Friday nights the community comes together, the cheerleaders cheer, the band plays, the majorettes twirl their batons, the football team plays. I love that a small community shows so much support for each other. However, one thing I would change would be the way the school approaches other teams and clubs. There should be announcements and assemblies for all sports and clubs. Everyone should be recognized.
My experience at United has been very beneficial and tremendous. I have learned so much not only about school work, but myself as well. Although the school is small, you are able to find the right friends and join the right clubs/sports. The teachers and administrators have been nothing but exceptional.
I have went to United Junior/Senior High School my whole life and have learned many valuable lessons on the way. United teaches you qualities about integrity, excellence, and respect. However, even though United has excellent teachers and a great academic latter, I do not always feel "at home" at United. I think that cleaning the school up more and keeping computers/other technology up to date would help students learn better in a clean, sanitized environment with new, updated technology.