Unionville High School is an elite, public school located in Kennett Square, PA. It has 1,320 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Unionville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+163 Students
- A121 Students
- B+86 Students
- A-80 Students
- A80 Students
- A+79 Students
- A-67 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+46 Students
- B+42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Unionville High School
- A+Garnet Valley High School
- Garnet Valley School District, PA
- 266 reviews
- A+Penncrest High School
- Rose Tree Media School District, PA
- 188 reviews
- A+Downingtown High School East
- Downingtown Area School District, PA
- 216 reviews
- A+Bayard Rustin High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 263 reviews
Unionville High School Reviews
Unionville needs more student spirit. They force the students into activities such as the lip dub and additional spirit rallies, but they lower our excitement. Also, there is poor diversity and food. All the food is overpriced. But, the academics at Unionville are unrivaled, and there is a variety of Honors and AP classes to take. The library/librarians are also very helpful and full of resources. However, there is a lack of funding towards music/theater/musical, partially because of the emphasis on sports at Unionville. Administration is okay, as there are some that are good, and some that are bad. The teachers at Unionville overall are great, especially the science teachers. Unionville is unparalleled in academics, but needs more diversity and culture.
It's okay, but they pressure grades and academic success on student's, stressing them out more than they needed to be. All I ever hear is SAT, ACT, such and such, everybody is stressed out because UHS is ranked highly in academic performances. It makes us students feel like we have to achieve that making us into zombies who take tests and lose sleep over assignments and tests just to fit in.
Excellent teachers in all departments(a little bit less in math) and a great amount of resources to help students succeed. One problem a lot of students seem to have is with the administration and their involvement with the students feeling not so genuine and setting up a lot of pointless activities. Not a lot of diversity at our school either. Our sports teams are great and provide opportunities to kids to get better because we have great coaches who don't get paid enough. Overall I've had a great experience at unionville and I feel prepared to take on college.