Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Uniondale High School is a public school located in Uniondale, NY. It has 2,371 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Uniondale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-262 Students
- A+190 Students
- C180 Students
- B144 Students
- B+130 Students
- B128 Students
- B125 Students
- A-116 Students
- C+116 Students
- B111 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 165 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.64 responses
Schools like Uniondale High School
- B-Westbury High School
- Westbury Union Free School District, NY
- 163 reviews
- BEast Rockaway Junior/Senior High School
- East Rockaway Union Free School District, NY
- 82 reviews
- BNorth Babylon High School
- North Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- 223 reviews
- B-John Bowne High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 25, NY
- 471 reviews
Uniondale High School Reviews
Uniondale high school is something. I learn well from specific teachers and some teachers not so much. The students is what makes me dislike it (not all are bad though). The clubs are amazing , there are so many to choose from. You can be really involved. The sports and music departments are amazing for people who are interested. The diversity is good, but if you’re Asian or white, please don’t be alarmed that there aren’t a lot of white or Asians here. There are a lot of black and Hispanic/latinx here. It’s a predominantly black/hispanic district. But, that’s where the culture comes from. So many different cultures, it’s great! Just don’t get involved with the wrong people and you’ll like it. Yes there are fights, sometimes really harsh fights, but it’s not a totally bad school if you look past that and the (some) awful students/teachers. You can really make great friends here even with teachers!
I am a part of the class of 2020, Uniondale High School has a lot of clubs available for students. They offer different types of classes and clubs for the sports, book, art, math, and many other categories for students. As a student you will find some club or class that you like. Most of the faculty is helpful, the school is mainly black and Hispanic not much of any other culture. The school food isn’t really the best but you could always bring your own lunch. They have an airport type security everyone morning that students must go through. You have your average amount of fire drills and such. They have classes for students who excel academically as well as for the students who struggle academically. There is always some from of extra help going around. They have regents prep classes for free. They host the SAT tests at least three times in the school year. They offer a lot for musically talented students whether it’s for band or orchestra. Over all they offer a good stuff.
Uniondale High School is a very promising high school. However their are gaps in the systems that are provided by the district. For example , Students in certain AP classes are given 2 periods, and others are given 1 period. This is just shows that they dont give importance to certain subjects. Uniondale gives more opportunities to AP/Honor Students than students in regular regents classes like Traveling Abroad through EF Tours and promotion of scholarships. Uniondale is a good school overall, it just has gaps in the system that favors "the smart kids". I understand every kid has their downfalls but they should at least provide a system to treat every one equally and not favor certain groups.