Union Senior High School is a public school located in Union, NJ. It has 2,171 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Union Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A411 Students
- B-359 Students
- B341 Students
- A-247 Students
- A-201 Students
- B+191 Students
- A+189 Students
- A-153 Students
- C+149 Students
- A+145 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 120 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.75 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.75 responses
Schools like Union Senior High School
- A-South Plainfield High School
- South Plainfield School District, NJ
- 200 reviews
- B-North Plainfield High School
- North Plainfield School District, NJ
- 164 reviews
- B+Liberty High School
- Jersey City School District, NJ
- 70 reviews
- BDunellen High School
- Dunellen Public School District, NJ
- 59 reviews
Union Senior High School Reviews
Union High School is similar to any other high school, but our performing arts and sports status is one of the best in the state. Some of Union High School's staff are here to better you for college whilst others don't really want to help you at all. Union High School wants you to think that you are their top priority, however dress code impedes on your chances of a good education. At our local community college, Union County College, there is no dress code because their top priority is your education. Union High School staff wants the students to think that they are important, however behind closed doors students are being sent to I.S.S. or In School Suspension simply because of a small rip in their jeans "above the knee", shoulder exposure, midriff exposure or slides/sandals. Union High School is insensitive about is this dress code affects the females more than the males, considering men don't normally wear shirts that reveal their shoulders or shirts that expose their midriff.
Union High School is diverse and offers clubs of different interests. Their music program is exceptional and are led by amazing staff. As a student who joined the marching band who little experience in wind and percussion instruments, I was surprised by the welcoming environment for people of all levels of ability. I know people who had no experience at all joined and are now members of the band and learning mallet percussion from no prior knowledge. Spending grueling hours in the heat, cold, rain, and shine creates a family. And I am sure that this is true for all of our cheerleaders, twirlers, football teams, and many other sports and clubs as it was for me.
Union High School is a very diverse school which helps one learn to interact more with other types of people. The teachers are really amazing and care about how the students do. Also, there are several clubs and activities students can participate in, including free after and before school tutoring. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone!