Union Pines High School is an above average, public school located in Cameron, NC. It has 1,349 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Union Pines High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+179 Students
- A+171 Students
- A-156 Students
- B+123 Students
- B+102 Students
- B+98 Students
- B-96 Students
- B-87 Students
- B65 Students
- B54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Union Pines High School Reviews
I went to Union Pines from 2009 to 2013. I enjoyed my time at this school. While I was there, I went to many school plays, sports games, educational meetings, and after school tutoring sessions. The staff there is absolutely amazing. They take their time with each student, whether or not he or she was on their attendance or not. Because I lived in Moore County my entire life, I had many advantages of knowing and being related to the staff as well. I learned how to include everyone, and be polite to everyone who crossed my path- even the bullies. I learned to have fun but keep my studies first. I grew as an individual and during the time I was there, I had support from my peers as well as the staff the entire way!
Union Pines High School is a very tight-knit and calming environment. The atmosphere is wonderful and the students are goal-oriented. However, there are problems with bullying and a small amount of discrimination that needs to be taken care of. The Marching Band program is excellent. Our athletic programs are one of the best in the county. Overall, Union Pines High School is an enjoyable place to learn.
Many of the teachers are less than acceptable or overachievers. Some teachers are looped into high school cliques and spend time with students away from their jobs while others, typically non core classes, expect that their massive and unnecessary amounts of work come before classes that are required to graduate. The administration needs to be run through a fine tooth comb because whether or not your child has a problem or not, they will quickly brush it under the rug.