Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Union Parish High School is a public school located in Farmerville, LA. It has 856 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Union Parish High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+74 Students
- B71 Students
- C+40 Students
- B+35 Students
- A-31 Students
- B26 Students
- B+21 Students
- NG20 Students
- B15 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Union Parish High School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Union Parish High School Reviews
I started high school in 2014 as a freshman. I knew then that this was the school for me! Now it is about to be 2018 and I will soon be graduating. What I love most about this school is the teachers, the student body, and the extracurricular activities there are to offer! I hope to receive a scholarship for softball this year!
The overall funding of the school is lacking due to the location and how rural the surrounding areas are, but the school does have its high points and its low ones. The honor programs could, perhaps be more challenging and the normal classes definitely need to be evaluated. Although that is only with some of the classes, there are those that give the right amount of encouragement and knowledge necessary to succeed. The management of the school follows the status quo of other administrations around the United States. The students are a huge concern regarding the overall success of the school, while there are the few students that do what they are supposed to and get good grades, there is a large number of insubordinate students that are very disrespectful and hinder the progress of education, i digress it is my experience that this cannot be helped and most public schools follow in the stagnancy of this problem.
I like how the relationship between the teachers and the students are. They are never hesitant to help, and if you need any extra help, they'll cancel their plans just to help you.