Union Local High School is a public school located in Belmont, OH. It has 386 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Union Local High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-33 Students
- B26 Students
- A+25 Students
- B-24 Students
- C+19 Students
- B-15 Students
- C13 Students
- A-12 Students
- B11 Students
- A-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Union Local High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Union Local High School
- C+Barnesville High School
- Barnesville Exempted Village School District, OH
- 22 reviews
- C+Bellaire High School
- Bellaire Local School District, OH
- 29 reviews
- B-St. Clairsville High School
- St. Clairsville-Richland City School District, OH
- 111 reviews
- CHarrison Central Junior/Senior High School
- Harrison Hills City School District, OH
- 20 reviews
Union Local High School Reviews
UL was a decent school except for the kids who got practically a free pass, myself included. Other than that there wasn't much else to it. We didn't have much diversity because we live in the middle of two different and much larger school districts.
I loved going to UL. The teachers were all very kind and helpful. I would like to see better outreach for kids planning to attend college. Navigating the process alone is scary, and it would be better if UL had offered some support in this area.
Union Local has a great student body and friendly atmosphere, although its opportunities and available resources for students are slimmer than normal.