Union High School is a highly rated, public school located in Tulsa, OK. It has 3,489 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A649 Students
- A636 Students
- A345 Students
- C+320 Students
- B225 Students
- B+210 Students
- A176 Students
- C+145 Students
- B143 Students
- A+118 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.49 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.49 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.87 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.99 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.99 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.99 responses
Schools like Union High School
- A-Thomas Edison Preparatory High School
- Tulsa Public Schools, OK
- 236 reviews
- A+Jenks High School
- Jenks Public Schools, OK
- 583 reviews
- B-Charles Page High School
- Sand Springs Public Schools, OK
- 248 reviews
- B-Will Rogers College High School
- Tulsa Public Schools, OK
- 80 reviews
Union High School Reviews
Throughout the past 3 years I have spent at Union High School, I have had an overall great experience. Union High School is ultimately a great school to attend with an immense amount of ways to get involved, high spirited activities, teachers who truly care about their students and a vast selection of classes fit to your interests, furthermore creating the ultimate high school experience. When looking for a school to prepare you for college I would highly advise Union High School as they offer a multitude of college level classes, along with teachers who want to see you succeed. Despite the bad comments made by some students concerning this school, Union is a wonderful school to attend as you will leave feeing prepared for a secondary education and a inner happiness as you just had the best high school experience!
My experience at Union Highschool has been great! I had complications with some of my classes trying to get a teacher instead of substitute. But the teachers that I did have, have been fantastic! I had the most amazing Algebra 2 teacher, along with an English 3 teacher. The administration do their job very well. They are motivated to see us go to college and help any student with Highschool graduation & moving us up to college.
I greatly appreciated the teachers I have/had in my highschool experience, they were attentive and obviously loved their kids and job. Although, one thing I would change is the importance of mental health, innumerate students at school are depressed and in dire need of motivation, acceptance, and appreciation of the unique they enjoy. This would greatly improve graduation rates, grades, attendance and immensely decrease teen pregnancy, teen suicide, drop outs, and school violence. There is a great lack of mental health recognition, especially considering that Union is a public school, with people from all different backgrounds dealing with all different kinds of problems.