Union High School is a highly rated, public school located in Tulsa, OK. It has 3,489 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A574 Students
- A569 Students
- A+306 Students
- B-291 Students
- B193 Students
- B+189 Students
- A150 Students
- B-133 Students
- A+114 Students
- C+110 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.49 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.49 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.63 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.87 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.99 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.99 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.99 responses
Schools like Union High School
- AThomas Edison Preparatory High School
- Tulsa Public Schools, OK
- 231 reviews
- A+Jenks High School
- Jenks Public Schools, OK
- 559 reviews
- BCharles Page High School
- Sand Springs Public Schools, OK
- 241 reviews
- BWill Rogers College High School
- Tulsa Public Schools, OK
- 73 reviews
Union High School Reviews
I greatly appreciated the teachers I have/had in my highschool experience, they were attentive and obviously loved their kids and job. Although, one thing I would change is the importance of mental health, innumerate students at school are depressed and in dire need of motivation, acceptance, and appreciation of the unique they enjoy. This would greatly improve graduation rates, grades, attendance and immensely decrease teen pregnancy, teen suicide, drop outs, and school violence. There is a great lack of mental health recognition, especially considering that Union is a public school, with people from all different backgrounds dealing with all different kinds of problems.
Union High School is one of the best schools in the nation. Most of the people at this school are involved in some sort of activity whether it is sports, clubs, theater, or any other extracurricular activities. Teachers and staff are very involved with the students and do anything they can to help students succeed. We have a college and career center to help the students at our school be college ready; however, one thing I would change about it would be for the counselors or advisors call in students before their senior year to let them know what they should be doing to prepare for what they would like to do in college. It would be very helpful if we were prepared early rather than in our last year, especially because some people may be afraid to ask for help in which case students should be called in to speak with their counselors. Other than this, I have loved attending this school and meeting great people along the way.
Union High school had some of the best sport programs in the nation. They were super involved and had many programs that supported the sports. Union High School also had a very big student life. Kids truly believed that Union was the best high school in the nation. Although Union was great in making students feel like they had a second home, there could have been an increase in the number of students who graduated and didn't drop out along the way.