Union High School is a public school located in Dowagiac, MI. It has 594 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-71 Students
- B+59 Students
- A43 Students
- B37 Students
- B34 Students
- B+34 Students
- A+23 Students
- C-20 Students
- B-15 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Union High School
- CRoss Beatty High School
- Cassopolis Public Schools, MI
- 67 reviews
- B-Hartford High School
- Hartford Public Schools, MI
- 52 reviews
- B-Brandywine Senior High School
- Brandywine Community Schools, MI
- 19 reviews
- B-Lawrence Junior/Senior High School
- Lawrence Public Schools, MI
- 40 reviews
Union High School Reviews
I enjoyed the involvement of school activities, the environment at sport events and even throughout a normal school day. No matter how much I say I dislike the school I do actually enjoy it.
Our student section for sporting events was the highlight of the school. Not sure how it is today, but it was fun a couple years ago. Most of the teachers care about their students too.
I believe this school is a great school to attend for several different reasons that I will further explain. Although it's a small school it gives you the feeling of not having to know everyone but still feeling like a family. For example, this year we won Battle of the Fans, which means we had the best fans at basketball games in the WHOLE state of Michigan. There were so many things to plan and so many things that required teamwork to make this possible. I feel like we were a family during this time, not only the school itself but the community. I have been attending Dowagiac schools since I was a Kindergartener and I would not change it.