Union Grove High School
- GLADEWATER, TX
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Union Grove High School is an above average, public school located in GLADEWATER, TX. It has 216 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Union Grove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B55 Students
- grade C52 Students
- grade A+47 Students
- grade A+42 Students
- grade B41 Students
- grade C+34 Students
- grade A minus34 Students
- grade A27 Students
- grade B+26 Students
- grade B+24 Students
View Homes Near Union Grove High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- East Texas Yamboree in October38%
- Dee Mackey Relays25%
- 50 inning game13%
- Meet me at the pole13%
- Spirit week13%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$19,237 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Union Grove High School
- grade B+Harmony High School
- Harmony Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.83 out of 5 70 reviews
- grade A minusSpring Hill High School
- Spring Hill Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 58 reviews
- grade B minusNew Diana High School
- New Diana Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.36 out of 5 80 reviews
- grade B+Sabine High School
- Sabine Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 71 reviews
Union Grove High School Reviews
Rating 3.73 out of 5 71 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Union Grove High School is a very little school in East Texas. It has about 300 students in the high school. But for a little school they offer so much like a nursing program, a rockety program, FFA, Sports, and a lot more activities to do. My experience for the past 12 years at Union Grove has been excellent. With all these programs it has made me who I am today. The teachers that we have at Union Grove are amazing! They care so much for the students safety and that the students do great things in life. They have helped me with my academics level and they have also helped me find what I want to pursue in life. Are administration has put a brunch of time in to find some great coaches. With the great coaches that we have they have made the sports program awesome in the last 5 years. In my opinion the experience at Union Grove High School has been a blast and I'm glad that I could be apart of it!
Love the environment at this school!! Constant support and so much constant encouragement!!Administration is amazing! students are all very well connected! So proud to call this school MY school! Every school is faced with adversities and trust me our school has been through a lot but we have always pushed through and came out stronger as a community!
It's a very homey and small school. Most graduating classes are around 50 students. Very conservative and rural.