Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Union County High School is a public school located in Morganfield, KY. It has 689 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B91 Students
- B-76 Students
- A-66 Students
- B+65 Students
- C63 Students
- B39 Students
- B-27 Students
- B21 Students
- B-17 Students
- B-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Powder-puff, dodgeball tournament, prom67%
- Basketball games17%
- Pep rallies17%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Union County High School Reviews
Where do I even start! As of 2014, when my parents officially told me we were moving to Union County, I have been nothing but genuinely content. Union County Schools creates the environment for ever single person, even visitors, that walk through their doors feels loved. The school, the programs, the way they were socially active, and even their staff is absolutely thrilling. I highly recommend attending Union County. Rather it’s in the High School or Junior High. It’s a experience you won’t forget!
To be completely honest they didn't prepare you or help for real world issues at all. One of the worse schools. They're mainly focused on our main big popular sports. We have our few teachers who actually show they care about you and are there to help you grow your education. If you have an issue they will not fix it. I am very thankful for the few teachers who were to help me learn and grow in myself. I cannot be any happier to get out of this school. I can't wait to see how the real world will actually hit me.
I would like to see a more diverse staff at the school. This will assist with connections to the students on a different level. The school provides an opportunity for college readiness, but it needs to be communicated more to the students.