Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Union City High School is a public school located in Union City, PA. It has 352 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Union City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+42 Students
- A+35 Students
- B32 Students
- B31 Students
- B-27 Students
- B27 Students
- B-22 Students
- A20 Students
- B-16 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Union City High School
- C+Seneca High School
- Wattsburg Area School District, PA
- 104 reviews
- C+Cambridge Springs Junior/Senior High School
- Penncrest School District, PA
- 74 reviews
- B-Clymer Central School
- Clymer Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 25 reviews
- B-Corry Area High School
- Corry Area School District, PA
- 87 reviews
Union City High School Reviews
It is an average public school but I would not recommend if you are wanting to go to college. I did not feel very prepared for college. Everything there is basically average and has a lot of room for improvement but the teachers were really supportive and made it better.
Not too many after school activities are provided other than sports, which many participate in. Recently, Union City almost lost all funding for sports due to the recent budget issues in Pennsylvania. Sports is what really keeps our school together. Yes, we have a few people who are quite intelligent, but sports is our main interest. Cross Country, Baseball, Softball, Track & Field, and Swimming (even though we just lost funding for our swimming pool so that is no more), really stride high at our school.
I came to Union City Area School District in my first year of middle school. Union City does provide more than my last school. I feel that I thought this though because I came to a middle school, from an elementary school. Union City provides a myriad of sports, along with many students who participate in them. As I am going into my freshman year (first year of high school), I do regret not applying to a local private school, Collegiate Academy. I feel Union City can't meet my needs as a striving learner, and that is one thing I regret. Union City is a great school academically, but Collegiate Academy could've done way more for me.