grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade A+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Union City High School is a public school located in Union City, NJ. It has 2,882 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Union City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B501 Students
- grade A488 Students
- grade B minus364 Students
- grade C+291 Students
- grade B+284 Students
- grade A minus280 Students
- grade A+255 Students
- grade C+253 Students
- grade C243 Students
- grade B+197 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade D minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 132 responses
- Seniors yell their year in hall on pep rally day.21%
- People form a U with their hands on pep rally day20%
- Face paint day for pep rally14%
- Senior Prank8%
- Spirit Week7%
- Relay-for-life is one of my favority event6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 65 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,710 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 68 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 68 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 68 responses
Schools like Union City High School
- grade CCentral High School
- Newark Public School District, NJ
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 97 reviews
- grade C+Community Health Academy of the Heights
- New York City Geographic District No. 6, NY
- Rating 4.3 out of 5 56 reviews
- grade C+Brooklyn Generation School
- New York City Geographic District No. 18, NY
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 44 reviews
- grade B minusDavid Brearley Middle/High School
- Kenilworth School District, NJ
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 107 reviews
Union City High School Reviews
Rating 4.22 out of 5 421 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I currently attend Union City Highschool. The school includes a variety amount of clubs such as the performing arts and school based clubs. Afterschool tutoring are provided as well to help you improve your grades. It has a field with a stadium, a large gym and a theater. It is listed as one of the top ranking school in the state of New Jersey. There is a large variety of food to choose from different sections. A snack store is available next to the gymnasium. Many sports are available such as volleyball, soccer, tennis, track, football, swimming...That's just naming a few. Teachers are also required to prepare students for college if they are willing to attend.Cops are scattered around to make sure the students are safe always. Laptops are provided for all students when needed are printers in the library are available. I reccomend Union City Highschool because it will provide a bright future for your college experience.
Union City High school is an excellent school. It has many clubs for students along with many opportunities to everyone. Students are mainly Hispanic but there is diversity among races in Union City High School. The school has a gigantic theater along with the football stadium on top of the school. The cafe has multiple stations where you can pick what food to eat. The school is not perfect of course. It can be very crowded with overpopulation. It can be difficult to get around sometimes. The staff can be very strict with students or annoyed with them however, the school holds a lot of students. The school gives a lot of sources to students who want to be successful in life. The guidance counselors help effectively with students and guide them through the right path to their dreams or to college. Every student in Union City High School has many options and chances to graduate. The school tries their very hardest to give every student a chance to be themselves and pass high school.
While I’m still in high school my experience is not that bad. Every year the administrations get stricter on little things like uniform but not things like bullying. Although, many teachers are very helpful to get your work done. A lot of my teachers have given me multiple chances and opportunities to make up late work due to absences. Some teachers are very harsh but it’s because they want to do better and succeed, but some don’t care and have no issue in letting you fail despite if you have anything going on at home. There are many school shootings around the world and this school will definitely keep you safe. There are cops all over and, our school has everything figured out if something bad were to happen. The academics are great but I don’t know about college readiness because I haven’t had the chance to talk to my counselor, There AP classes for those who have more knowledge than others so they have an higher opportunity at a university.