grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade C+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Union City Community Jr/Sr Hs is a public school located in Union City, IN. It has 373 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Union City Community Jr/Sr Hs Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B111 Students
- grade C+66 Students
- grade B64 Students
- grade B63 Students
- grade A62 Students
- grade A+50 Students
- grade B41 Students
- grade B minus30 Students
- grade A minus21 Students
- grade B18 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- My favorite tradition is Grim Reaper day67%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
No data available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,238 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Union City Community Jr/Sr Hs
- grade C+Randolph Southern Junior/Senior High School
- Randolph Southern School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 37 reviews
- grade B minusTri-Village High School
- Tri-Village Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 36 reviews
- grade B minusMississinawa Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Mississinawa Valley Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.32 out of 5 22 reviews
- grade C+Winchester Community High School
- Randolph Central School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.06 out of 5 64 reviews
Union City Community Jr/Sr Hs Reviews
Rating 3.71 out of 5 55 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Union City Jr/Sr High School was overall a very good experience. I was very pleased with the variety of classes that were offered, especially the dual credit courses. Not only was the academics excellent, the athletic programs offered great coaching and were a great experience. There were many clubs and organizations that were available for students. I enjoyed the clubs I participated in. We organized many community service activities and also hosted events for our school. The student body at Union City was also great. Everyone participated in sports, student sections, pep rallies, etc. I loved my experience with Union City but I am also very excited to start at my college of choice.
I really liked how close the community came together during sporting events or any major events that was happening around us. My high school seemed to really bring us together as we raised money for families who lost their children in tragedies, supported the basketball team when they made it to state, and help provide food in the cafeteria after school for those in need. One thing I believe we could really work on is spending more money upgrading academic utensils because a lot of budget planning goes to the sports section of our school.
I have been at this schooling almost my whole education and I believe we could be better but it is by far the best school that I have been to. The faculties make changes every year, unfortunately some teachers come and go. Teachers have meetings every Wednesday to improve education and the way of teaching. The way that they reward the students is a great way to recognize the school. Teachers are trustworthy and we also have a town cop roaming the hallways making sure everybody is okay. The school doesn't tolerate bullying and I believe that is really important. Our academics and athletics are very outstanding and basketball teams have went to state.