Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Union Area High School is an above average, public school located in New Castle, PA. It has 203 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Union Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B40 Students
- A32 Students
- B22 Students
- A+18 Students
- B-15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B-12 Students
- A+11 Students
- B11 Students
- B-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Union Area High School
- BHubbard High School
- Hubbard Exempted Village School District, OH
- 127 reviews
- A-Hickory High School
- Hermitage School District, PA
- 138 reviews
- B-Struthers High School
- Struthers City School District, OH
- 78 reviews
- A-Boardman High School
- Boardman Local School District, OH
- 237 reviews
Union Area High School Reviews
At Union they are many extracurricular activities. Some these include the robotics team, sports team, such as basketball, and organizations, such as Student Council. Going to a small school like Union allows you to be in all of these activities because advisers in coaches understand this and let you split time between different activities.
I love Union because it is small, but everybody knows everybody and that's what makes it great. We are like one great big family at the U!
Going to a small school such as Union helps all the students to have a good relationship with the teachers. The teachers know all the students names. Also if you ever need help you can stop into one of their classrooms or email them online.