UME Preparatory Academy is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Dallas, TX. It has 570 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+30 Students
- A28 Students
- B+28 Students
- A+25 Students
- A+24 Students
- B+22 Students
- B+21 Students
- B+20 Students
- A-20 Students
- B+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like UME Preparatory Academy
- B-International Leadership of Texas-Arlington Middle School
- International Leadership of Texas, TX
- 2 reviews
- NGClay Classical Academy
- Texas College Preparatory Academies, TX
- 1 review
- AGrand Prairie Collegiate Institute
- Grand Prairie Independent School District, TX
- 26 reviews
- B-Manara Academy
- Manara Academy, TX
- 4 reviews
UME Preparatory Academy Reviews
Everyone wishes and hopes to have the best experience in school because this is where your life begins. I have been attending UME for the past Eight years and have had an extremely positive school experience. The teachers care about the wellbeing of their students and the kind of environment they are in. The majority of the students strive to be the best they can be to achieve high academic goals. UME has kept it’s culture and continues to in the midst of increasing student enrollment. Whenever a new student comes to the school, they always say how UME is unlike any other school because of our culture. UME is very trustable and works hard to keep it as safe as possible. The homework load is nothing unreasonable. At times it can seem overwhelming but that can go for any school. I am very thankful and blessed for the opportunity of being able to attend UME and could not have asked for a better school environment with great academics, students, teachers, and administration. I’m
I have gone to UME for 7 semesters of high school. I love UME. The school community is very strong, and everyone knows each other. Students and staff alike are very friendly. One downfall is the lack of variety when it comes to available classes. They have a good athletics program, but their music department does lack some because it's such a small school. There is no band or orchestra, but only a choir class that is not very active. The theater department is strong, but doesn't have a lot of funding. We have pretty good teachers all around. Overall, I would recommend UME to anyone looking for a small, tight-knit community with a good foundation for college. I am a senior, graduating in a couple of months, and I will be graduating with 27 college credits under my belt. Great school!
It a very good School, very respectful teachers and students. I've been going here every since it started in 2013. I think it needs to be more biracial, and many stable teachers. I have friends who graduated from other schools who will talk about their old teachers to people who go to the same school they went to. Many times they talk about their old teachers and how they acted then and the enrolled student student can relate. “Mrs. Regina is still the 7th grade English teacher! I can’t believe you had her 13 years ago when you were in 7th grade!” I’d like teachers to feel comfortable enough to stay more years, so they can see their former students graduate, showing how proud they are.