Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Ukiah High School is an above average, public school located in Ukiah, CA. It has 1,619 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Ukiah High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A155 Students
- C+128 Students
- B-106 Students
- A+102 Students
- A94 Students
- A+92 Students
- B+83 Students
- B82 Students
- A-80 Students
- A-75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Ukiah High School
- C+South Valley High School
- Ukiah Unified School District, CA
- 3 reviews
- BPotter Valley High School
- Potter Valley Community Unified School District, CA
- 24 reviews
- BAnderson Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Anderson Valley Unified School District, CA
- 51 reviews
- NGMendocino County Community
- Mendocino County Office of Education, CA
- 3 reviews
Ukiah High School Reviews
I am in the Middle College program of this high school. This program lets you take college classes at the local college, while taking your high school classes. The teacher are enjoyable to have and they teach their subjects very well. We sometimes interact with the main high school, but we are also slightly independent from them. We spend a lot of time at the college campus and it helps students get some of the college experience. I did spend some time in the high school campus before this program started. I enjoyed this experience with the teacher at the high school. They all have their different ways of teaching and if you like having a lot of different teachers per subject, you can remain at the campus. If you prefer fewer teachers and want to have more of a college experience you can join the Middle College program that this high school offers.
I loved the clubs and activities offered at Ukiah High School. I was able to explore a ton of different subjects in order to discover what I wanted to do in the future. I had at least two fantastic teachers every year, but I also had some duds where I wished I never had to attend class. The campus is nice and outside, but has had some problems with cleanliness (ie, roaches, trash) that administration is actually doing everything they can to fix. The school is very divided between its 50% Mexican population and 50% white, and it feels almost segregated. This lack of diversity makes the four years there feel odd, because you really only hang out with people who look like you.
I love the Homecoming at Ukiah Highschool. The class competition, rally and football game are all incredible and it's such a fun and creative process making the skit, dance, float, mural, and backdrop come together. I wish the school supervisors were more friendly and approachable. While some of them are great, there are definitely people on campus that I would walk a mile to avoid. I wish to campus supervisors felt like they were there to protect me, not to get me.