Ubah Medical Academy Charter School is a public, charter school located in Hopkins, MN. It has 347 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Ubah Medical Academy Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+192 Students
- B134 Students
- B98 Students
- B-88 Students
- B87 Students
- A-82 Students
- B-77 Students
- C+41 Students
- A-36 Students
- C+32 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Ubah Medical Academy Charter School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Ubah Medical Academy Charter School
- C+Hmong College Prep Academy High School
- Public School
- Saint Paul, MN
- 93 reviews
- NGLionsgate Academy
- Lionsgate Academy, MN
- B-Minnesota Online High School
- Online School
- Saint Paul, MN
- 13 reviews
- NGEl Colegio Charter School
- Public School
- Minneapolis, MN
- 10 reviews
Ubah Medical Academy Charter School Reviews
This school had its advantages and disadvantages. Being a Somali person, I felt comfortable and in my environment during my 4 year stay. The students totaled to 365 so it was a fairly small school. There wasn’t any type of spirit or opportunities offered to students. Throughout my first three years, school ended at 2:30 and I only stayed after school for one program called College possible. But during my last year of high school, school ended at 5:30 and there was no time for the only program that I did. To sum it up, Ubah Medical Academy was a school that was decent because of its environment but a school that lacked oppurtunities for students.
The thing I like most about my school is I had it great minutes, yet my best minutes that I've encountered are in a specific class amid my senior year. So I was essentially another understudy in these sort of classes and furthermore, I'm science student. I recollect my first introduction in this class. I would not like to do it, however at long last I did it and that one was my best minute. When I went to show I felt apprehensive, and after that when I introduced I felt so useful for the exertion I connected on. Presently I feel such a great amount of superior to my first day of introductions since I currently realize that I can would whatever I like to do.
Ubah Medical Academy is a small school that lies on Mainstream Hopkins. I have been attending this high school for 4 year. Our staff is predominantly white, but there is no diversity within the students. All of the students who attend are Somali. Parents of the students saw this school as a safe haven, for they didn't want their students to fully assimilate to the American culture. Although they did fail to recognize their are many other factors in life that contribute to assimilation. The reason why I have gave this school 2 stars is because their was no opportunity for innovations. Their weren't many choices given to students in the classes they could take, and their really wasn't much extracurricular classes or after school programs. Their is no type of school spirit because the school doesn't have any type of sports teams. The teachers weren't engaging and the school solely focuses on test scores.