Tyrone Area High School is an above average, public school located in Tyrone, PA. It has 546 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Tyrone Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+52 Students
- B-42 Students
- C+20 Students
- C+20 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-16 Students
- A15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-9 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Tyrone Area High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Tyrone Area High School
- B-Huntingdon Area Senior High School
- Huntingdon Area School District, PA
- 124 reviews
- B-Bellwood-Antis High School
- Bellwood-Antis School District, PA
- 73 reviews
- C+Juniata Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Juniata Valley School District, PA
- 41 reviews
- C+Philipsburg-Osceola Area High School
- Philipsburg-Osceola Area School District, PA
- 138 reviews
Tyrone Area High School Reviews
The Tyrone Area High School has a welcoming and family atmosphere. The teaching staff is always trying to better their teaching and help their students as much as needed. Having a variety of activities for students to take part in is very important to this school district. The community and students are very supportive and involved when it comes to sports. I personally had a very positive experience at Tyrone Area High School by being involved in clubs such as HOSA and National Honors Society. If anything could be improved, it would probably be the appearance of the school itself. Some classrooms and designs are outdated and could be changed.
All the teachers are very student focused. Only thing I would like to see changed is better lunch options, on top of the cafe we already have.
The teachers help students and are encouraging towards them. They are available when and if you need help and they are not afraid to take the time to explain it to us. I feel as though their quality of teaching is very good. Some of their teaching styles are different but effective. In my statistics class our teacher teaches us the lesson one day and then give us a work day the next day that way we can ask questions and get help if we need it. She is there throughout the day if we need to go ask her questions or get help. Others teachers are similar in the way that they teach. It helps us because they are there if we need their help. As for their consistency in grading, I would say that it is fairly consistent and fair. They seem to keep it fair. I enjoy having the teachers at my school.