Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Twinfield Union School is a public school located in Plainfield, VT. It has 340 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Twinfield Union School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-22 Students
- B-9 Students
- B9 Students
- B-8 Students
- C7 Students
- B-6 Students
- B5 Students
- C+5 Students
- A+4 Students
- A-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Twinfield Union School
- CHazen Union School
- Public School
- Hardwick, VT
- 38 reviews
- C+Northfield Middle/High School
- Paine Mountain School District, VT
- 57 reviews
- C+Cabot School
- Cabot School District, VT
- PK, K-12
- 23 reviews
- C+Spaulding High School
- Spaulding Union High School District, VT
- 54 reviews
Twinfield Union School Reviews
With a high teacher to student ratio, there's usually someone to help an individual out of class. They also offer an independent study program, where you work with experienced mentors who usually are or once were professionals in fields of study that are more specific, and applicable to the real world than traditional schooling methods. Through this program students can study virtually anything depending on the availability of the respective community member professionals, and whatever finances and materials would be required. Through this I studied music theory, poetry, epidemiology, short story writing, statistics, and philosophy. There’s a strong sense of community in the small school, everyone knows everyone. Thursdays students are given time to study independently and seek the help of any of the teachers, and to consult with those for whom there may be late or missing work. X-day allows students creative authority over their education, with access to the school's resources.
Nice community, small school. However the education opportunities are not super good. Love the program “Renaissance” better than what I would have wanted.
It is very disorganized sometimes and the teachers have bad communication. Lots of kids throw temper tantrums in the hallway and no one does anything about it. They spend money on lots of things they don't need like two disability school busses.