Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Twin Valley South High School is a public school located in West Alexandria, OH. It has 250 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Twin Valley South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus36 Students
- grade A minus31 Students
- grade A+28 Students
- grade B minus26 Students
- grade A minus23 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
- grade B15 Students
- grade A10 Students
- grade B minus9 Students
- grade B8 Students
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responses
- Sports, community support44%
- Homecoming Bonfire33%
- French and Spanish club trips11%
- Senior Auction11%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,541 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Twin Valley South High School
- grade B+Valley View High School
- Valley View Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.37 out of 5 97 reviews
- grade B minusCarlisle High School
- Carlisle Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.56 out of 5 34 reviews
- grade B minusEaton High School
- Eaton Community City School District, OH
- Rating 3.09 out of 5 57 reviews
- grade BArcanum High School
- Arcanum-Butler Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.97 out of 5 35 reviews
Twin Valley South High School Reviews
Rating 2.88 out of 5 48 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
It could be better school, with changes in the way things are taught. It's an average school, that revolves mostly around football and basketball, specifically boys basketball. Anything else comes secondarily. Most athletes maintain a very high standard of academic sucess, but a few struggle tremendously. If you don't understand something, the class moves on without you. Some teachers will help you as much as the possibily can, whether it's after school, at lunch, or a study hall. Most of the teachers are very good. However, there are still many teachers who expect you to learn the materials, essentially by yourself. They don't teach it well enough, to the point where entire grade levels are scoring below a C average on tests. When you ask for explanations, they act as if you are ignorant for not understanding a complex subject. It's not a bad school, but it has many flaws.
Twin Valley South, located in West Alexandria, Ohio is one of the small schools in Preble County. With that being said, it doesn't shy away from doing its best academically. In my personal experience, I have made many friends at this school and learned an extrodinary amount of information that will, in my future career, really help out.
My time at South was fairly enjoyable, but there is definitely an issue when it comes to teachers putting forth effort in their lessons and helping students improve. There are several teachers that would do anything to see their students excel, but others do the bare minimum. There is also little to no help from the guidance office about applying to college or getting scholarship information. Everything is posted to a website with no sense of organization or direction for the students to follow and when questions are brought up, they are told to refer to the site. Thank goodness for a few teachers that spend countless hours after school and during lunch periods to pick up the slack of the guidance department.