Twin Lakes Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Monticello, IN. It has 773 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Twin Lakes Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+97 Students
- B+74 Students
- A68 Students
- B-43 Students
- B34 Students
- B33 Students
- NG33 Students
- B+26 Students
- A-23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Twin Lakes Senior High School
- B+Tri-County Middle/Senior High School
- Tri-County School Corporation, IN
- 49 reviews
- C+Delphi Community High School
- Delphi Community School Corporation, IN
- 61 reviews
- BNorth White Junior/Senior High School
- North White School Corporation, IN
- 64 reviews
- B-Pioneer Junior/Senior High School
- Pioneer Regional School Corporation, IN
- 54 reviews
Twin Lakes Senior High School Reviews
Twin Lakes has provided a better education for me than the high school I transferred from. My guidance counselor schedules appointments for us to meet whenever there is a good academic option for me and whenever I need to meet with her she gets back to me within the day or two. I think knowing and seeing your counselors, principals, and assistant principles outside of their office is great. Whether they give biweekly speech updates on your graduating class or supervising lunch, gives students a nice feel between the student/faculty relationship. At the school I transferred from I didn't know who my principal or guidance counselor was so I am very thankful for Twin Lakes, otherwise I probably wouldn't be on track to graduate as I am now. The school also gives great clubs and activities available to everyone attending. And if a kid doesn't have a school hobby they can make their own club! Twin Lakes is always trying to find ways to improve and provide it's best for it's students!
The bullying needs to be taken care of! All 3 years I have been here, the school has done absolutely nothing. The education is great but the bullying it not being stopped.
In my own high school, I feel as if teachers aren't expected to go the extra mile for students who are struggling and maybe have a lot on their plates. Teachers at my school maybe feel unappreciated or feel like they deserve more respect or pay. I do feel as if the teachers at my school care about the students, but they don't take an extra step. Within my own time in high school, we have had a lot of scandals involving teachers and administrators. This makes the other teachers and staff on edge and you can visibility tell they're uncomfortable. I feel as if maybe administrators did not take the right steps in reprehending the accused or guilty adults and other adults in the school don't necessarily know how they are expected to act and behave because of it. I really do like all my teachers and staff, but there is a large amount of the staff that suffers and do fear they are being looked at because of recent scandals. I believe this affects their teaching.