Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Turtle Lake High School is an above average, public school located in Turtle Lake, WI. It has 116 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Turtle Lake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B17 Students
- grade A16 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade A+15 Students
- grade B+13 Students
- grade B11 Students
- grade B+11 Students
- grade B9 Students
- grade A minus8 Students
- grade A7 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
- Teacher-student volleyball during homecoming20%
- Winter Carnival20%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,520 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like Turtle Lake High School
- grade B+Clear Lake High School
- Clear Lake School District, WI
- Rating 3.45 out of 5 31 reviews
- grade C+Unity High School
- Unity School District, WI
- Rating 3 out of 5 38 reviews
- grade B+Amery High School
- Amery School District, WI
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 54 reviews
- grade B minusPrairie Farm High School
- Prairie Farm Public School District, WI
- Rating 4 out of 5 15 reviews
Turtle Lake High School Reviews
Rating 3.02 out of 5 44 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
There is a lot of drama between the students and discreet bullying. Teachers definitely pick favorites and sports are more fitted towards specific last names. The money our school spends on unnecessary things such as the tennis courts is insane; we don’t even have a tennis team. The school has 2 gyms, one okay and one very nice. The teachers can be rude but tend to make more friendly relationships with the students rather than a teacher student relationship. Teachers also sometimes get really unorganized. When something is wrong I’ve seen only 2 teachers care, ever. A lot of the students suffer from depression due to the constant lack of control of bullying. One teacher is a total spaz. Plenty of involvement, however, if you belong to the right family you’ll get a better role in whatever you’re doing.
I used to go to Chippewa Falls High School which was a significantly larger school than Turtle Lake. At Chippewa I felt more like a number than a student; so when I came to Turtle Lake I was able to get more one on one help from teachers. I used to not do good at all when it came to my grades but now I'm maintaining A-B grades and I made it onto the A Honor Roll for the first time ever my senior year. I love my school and I'm extremely lucky to have the teachers I do.
Turtle Lake High School offers a wide variety of AP and shop classes despite its size. Which is the amazing part about this school. The staff are kind and caring of our future and promote signing up and filling out scholarships such as these. Though the 5 stars aren't all there. It's a small town school and not a whole lot to do off campus and around town. Overall I would recommend going.