Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Turpin High School is a top rated, public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 1,116 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Turpin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus324 Students
- grade A+290 Students
- grade A minus219 Students
- grade A minus196 Students
- grade B+111 Students
- grade B+106 Students
- grade A85 Students
- grade B minus79 Students
- grade A71 Students
- grade B58 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 72 responses
- Sporting events28%
- Spirit week19%
- Homecoming Game14%
- Marching band shows10%
- Senior Halloween6%
- Spirit Week1%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,701 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 42 responses
Schools like Turpin High School
- grade AAnderson High School
- Forest Hills Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 297 reviews
- grade ABeechwood High School
- Beechwood Independent Schools, KY
- Rating 4.1 out of 5 81 reviews
- grade A+Madeira High School
- Madeira City School District, OH
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 134 reviews
- grade A+Highlands High School
- Fort Thomas Independent Schools, KY
- Rating 4.26 out of 5 204 reviews
Turpin High School Reviews
Rating 4.05 out of 5 284 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
In general, I had an excellent time at Turpin High School. The school spirit was amazing and groups of kids gathered for all different types of events. School dances, athletic events, and school clubs were consistently attended and the energy was always positive. The academic experience was very good because I learned how to apply certain material to real-life situations. Although challenging at some points during the year, I think the rigor of the school's academic program was the right balance to prepare me for my future. Turpin taught me how important it was to be connected with the outside community. Great programs allowed many students to get involved inside and outside of the school. I also enjoyed the way that the administration encouraged students to try new classes and outside activities. There were many opportunities for all sorts of students who had interests everywhere. Overall, Turpin provided a great experience for me along with the tools to be successful later in life.
Turpin High School is a great school. With many new and challenging academic classes, there is something for everyone. With the classes comes great teachers. They are always there to help the student learn. Making sure each student understands the material and if they don't then they can help them. Engaging the student in activities and examples that help to challenge the student and to learn the content. Turpin not only has good teachers and classes, but they have more extracurricular activities as well. With sports teams, clubs, and other activities there is always something for everyone. Even if there isn't the staff at Turpin are always willing to help find that and support the things you want to do. If I could change somethings about Turpin it would be more engagement with each activity from the faculty and students. We have people that support these things but they don't want to always show up to activities like swim meets, away football games, or even clubs.
Turpin High School has been an incredible place that has helped me push myself to excel in academics and involve myself in a plethora of extracurricular activities. The school's academics offer a wide variety of classes, allowing students to take classes that are both interesting and rigorous. Not only does the school have great academics, but they also are great at interacting with the student body. The school has done a good job at providing lots of extracurricular activities. The only thing I would fault Turpin is the lack of information regarding certain extracurriculars. While it is nice that they are providing a lot of events and opportunities for students, they need to better promote them. Overall, Turpin has been an incredible high school experience. It has provided me with an incredible academic career, immense extracurricular opportunities, great sense of community, and most importantly the skill set I need to transition to the world on my own.