Turners Fall High School is a public school located in Montague, MA. It has 228 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Turners Fall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A32 Students
- A+17 Students
- B17 Students
- A+16 Students
- B+11 Students
- B+10 Students
- B10 Students
- B-10 Students
- B9 Students
- B+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Turners Fall High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Turners Fall High School
- BBrattleboro Union High School
- Brattleboro Union High School District, VT
- 90 reviews
- B-Pioneer Valley Regional School
- Pioneer Valley Public Schools, MA
- 54 reviews
- B+Greenfield High School
- Greenfield Public Schools, MA
- 29 reviews
- B-Athol High School
- Athol-Royalston Regional School District, MA
- 36 reviews
Turners Fall High School Reviews
Turners has a lot of good programs in it, from an outstanding Student Council to State Champion sports teams. As a student there, I loved most things about the school, mostly the academics. Turners offers very tough, accelerated course for students with more academically advanced minds, and they also offer courses that are not as hard for students looking for something easier. The teachers in the school have your best interest at heart, and they strive to see the students succeed. However, administration is a different story. If someone were to bring up a problem in the school to administration, they would say that they'll take care of it and then they will not even think about for at least a couple weeks, if not longer. The janitorial staff is nice, and they're polite, most of the time but looking around at the different facilities in the school; bathrooms, pool, cafeteria, etc, it does not seem like they put a whole lot of effort into their jobs.
I like how small the school is and how close knit the community is. last year we had to change our mascot, the indians, because people found it offensive but the students strongly disagreed. we thought we were honoring the native americans and we fought to keep it. we conducted a walk out and walked to the elementary school where the administration was. we let our voices be heard and stated our opinions. the administration basically said that it doesn’t matter what we think because the were already taking it away. now we do not have a mascot because no one has made a new one. i think that tfhs is very slow at getting things done. i am very disappointed to be graduating without a mascot, but at heart i am still graduating an indian!
The guidance counselors are amazing and super nice! I like how it's a small school and everyone knows each other. Also, sports teams are really nice and are like families.