Turner High School is a public school located in Kansas City, KS. It has 1,093 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Turner High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-196 Students
- A-165 Students
- B-148 Students
- B+114 Students
- B+108 Students
- B-106 Students
- B87 Students
- B+76 Students
- B66 Students
- B65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Turner High School
- C+Raytown South High School
- Raytown C-II School District, MO
- 178 reviews
- C-J.C. Harmon High School
- Kansas City Public Schools, KS
- 194 reviews
- B-Bonner Springs High School
- Bonner Springs Unified School District, KS
- 123 reviews
- B-Van Horn High School
- Independence School District, MO
- 72 reviews
Turner High School Reviews
At Turner High School, I'm glad to come into class and get started on my work. Many of us strive to be an honor student with good grades. There are sessions after school to help us pass our class or find some time to work on things. We have a lot of after school activities. Turner High School students are able to balance their life out with school and other activities. I know many who juggle school, sports, clubs, and a job. Though they are not recognized by the school, they are recognized by their peers. Our counselors make sure to reach out to us and, working with our college advisor, they make sure to let us know about college and scholarship information. We get a email about it every week. Our Fine Arts department is outstanding. Our sports teams are also very outstanding.
My experience at Turner High School was pretty good overall. Im currently a freshman at Turner High. Most of the teachers are always willing to help and explain things to you if you don't understand it. They offer study halls after schools and are very open about talking about work and grades. One thing I like about Turner is the diversity. There is an abundance of cultures, races, and ethnicity. Another thing I like about it is the teachers expect you to do your work on time, and they try not to tolerate bad behavior. Even if you get in trouble a lot, or are known not to do your work, they still expect the same as they would of everyone. One thing I would change is the behavior problems. There is a lot of trouble with kids at school, and some students don't seem to care about school or their grades.
My experience in turner high school has been very good, it's my second year in turner high school as a sophomore. The teacher there are really good they truly want you to succeed and be a better student. They stay after school to help you with your work, essays, test and any other classes you might need help in. They try the best to encourage you to keep going even when it seems like a lot, they push you but only for the betterment of yourself. The school is constantly trying to fun raise to give us the best. they are working right now on updating many old schools and getting us new laptops to work with. They do a lot of things right and i don't see much that they should change except put a little more money into there fine arts, that all i can think of.