Turner County High School is a public school located in Ashburn, GA. It has 383 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Turner County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+36 Students
- B-35 Students
- C+30 Students
- B+24 Students
- C20 Students
- A+20 Students
- B+18 Students
- C+14 Students
- A-14 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Turner County High School Reviews
My overall experience was sub-par. The main reason being because of the staff and administration. By that I mean teachers were leaving at the end of almost every school year and by the time I got to my senior year, almost all of the teachers that I had went through those previous three years with had found employment elsewhere. Throughout my time at this high school it was also difficult keeping a principal for more than a year.
I really enjoy the school and they have some good teachers. At this time, the school is in desperate need of teachers. If they can find teachers, this will make the school much better!
Turner County High for me was a great place to go to see friends, laugh, play around, and even eat lunch, but it was not really a place I would refer to as a school. It was okay at times, and there were one or two teachers who actually cared about the mental growth of the students. I would change many things about Turner County High School.