Tupelo High School is a highly rated, public school located in Tupelo, MS. It has 1,991 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Tupelo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-417 Students
- A-381 Students
- B-214 Students
- B+159 Students
- A115 Students
- A+86 Students
- B+69 Students
- B-63 Students
- B-57 Students
- A+55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Tupelo High School
- BPontotoc High School
- Pontotoc City Schools, MS
- 95 reviews
- BNettleton High School
- Nettleton School District, MS
- 37 reviews
- B-Mooreville High School
- Lee County School District, MS
- 21 reviews
- B-Mantachie High School
- Itawamba County School District, MS
- 18 reviews
Tupelo High School Reviews
Tupelo is the BEST! It offers a wide range of classes--many at the advanced level. My education here definitely prepared me for college. Not only did it serve to prepare me for college, but it allowed me the chance to learn invaluable lessons through this school's diversity, culture, and the relationships formed among fellow students as well as teachers and administrative staff. I learned a lot about what it looked like to be around people who are very different from me; every day in class I was surrounded by people who were smarter than me, had different skin colors than me, were raised in different cultures and had different home lives; yet by being surrounded by these people who were very different than me, I was constantly being challenged. I am so thankful for my time attending this high school because it taught me the importance of diversity, academic excellence, and relationships that span across all cultural backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, and academic ability.
The best part and most fun is the sports and extra curricular activities. These were the times when us students were able to represent the school through our talents. Some of the teachers even become like family in some circumstances. Students are expected to rise to a specific standard which also preps students for college. It’s difficult to prep high school students for everything that college will throw at them, but Tupelo High School preps their students academically and socially for college. Because Tupelo High School is a huge open campus, it also allows students to be better prepared for the amount of walking on the college campuses. I disliked about Tupelo High School is their lack of judgment and presence between some of the administration. Some teachers lacked teaching versatility. Overall, being a Tupelo High School Golden Wave was great!
Their are lots of sports that the neighboring schools do not have. We have lots of art programs. We do well in sports and art in state. Tupelo also has lots of clubs. Their is definitely something for everyone. Everyone is very welcoming. Overall, I think Tupelo High School is great!