Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Tulsa, OK. It has 374 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A61 Students
- A59 Students
- A54 Students
- B-21 Students
- C+21 Students
- B21 Students
- C17 Students
- A-17 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences
- BDove Science Academy - Tulsa Campus
- Public School
- Tulsa, OK
- 84 reviews
- BCharles Page High School
- Sand Springs Public Schools, OK
- 274 reviews
- B+Owasso High School
- Owasso Public Schools, OK
- 369 reviews
- B-Will Rogers College High School
- Tulsa Public Schools, OK
- 86 reviews
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences Reviews
TSAS is a great place for those looking for a small school that allows one to embrace the individual. Offering a great education and ability to have a great number of leadership roles. Whether that be by starting your own club or bybeing part of the many clubs there. One club to note especially regarding leadership is key club. Allowing students to take part in active service in the community such as cleaning trash polluted areas. TSAS also offers classes such as philosophy, jazz band, and AP biology and AP literature. They do a great job at letting the student have the freedom to choose what class best fits them.
TSAS has a staff who cares about the students. The teachers are truly invested in the children, and want to them to grow as people. There is a reason TSAS's theme is "Home." TSAS is a safe, healthy environment and encourages students to do their best. The AP classes truly do feel like a college level class and prepare for whats to come. There are few sports at TSAS, but clubs are made by students, like the Basketball club. TSAS truly wants the students to feel like school is another home.
As someone who is a recent graduate from TSAS, I can tell you it is a phenomenal learning environment. Every day, the teachers come to school prepared for their classes and students come to class ready to learn. There is such an immense level of respect between teachers and students that really pave the way for effective learning. Where other schools may claim to act as a family, TSAS is the only school I have experienced where this is actually true. Teachers care about the students, students care about the teachers, students care about the other students, and teachers care about the other teachers. There is no other school in Tulsa as willing to accept kids for who they are and as they come, as welcoming on the first day, or as persistent to help further education in preparation for the real world. If you have the option to go to TSAS, go for it if this description fits what you want, you will not be disappointed.