Tularosa High School is a public school located in Tularosa, NM. It has 257 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Tularosa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+60 Students
- B42 Students
- C+40 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-15 Students
- B-14 Students
- A13 Students
- A-9 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Tularosa High School Reviews
Tularosa high school represents some of the best and worse pets of our public school system. There are a handful of dedicated teachers who love their jobs and do more than asked. These teachers are amazing and us students learn so much from them. On the contrary, there are also a handful of teachers who don’t care and don’t teach. Moreover, we have a nice choice of extracurricular activities and athletic programs. Tularosa is small but has a lot to offer. Just remember it is also offering teenage pregnancy and easy drugs.
I am upset that this school focuses solely on athletics and they will take from the knowledge bowl program to continue giving to the athletics department. They cut back on our trips to other schools so that they could afford gas for the football trips. There is no music or theater clubs. The yearbook club gets over run by "popular" kids who are biased about who gets featured in the year book. The student council gets over run by more "popular" kids who do not allow any one else's opinions or thoughts to be valid. The knowledge bowl program is the only academic club for students who are not athletic and want something else to put on their college resume and yet it is slowly dying. Overall the classes are not challenging and I never had homework. History classes were the worst because all we did was watch movies (not history related what-so-ever or even educational for that matter). Then when we were not watching movies we focused on practice tests for the state standardized test. We would just do the same test, over and over again. Only the English classes prepare you for college and thank goodness for that.
Overall I loved going to Tularosa High. I think it is a great small town school. I liked the closeness that everyone has, its pretty easy to be friends with everyone in the school. The only thing that I would change would be to make the academics better. I know that because the academics are not especially great here I will have to be tutored in math during college. Other than that Tularosa High is a great place to go to school.