Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade C minus
- College Prepgrade C minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade C minus
- Administrationgrade D+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Tucker County High School is a public school located in Hambleton, WV. It has 321 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Tucker County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus75 Students
- grade C+64 Students
- grade B minus38 Students
- grade C25 Students
- grade B minus25 Students
- grade C24 Students
- grade B minus21 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
- grade C minus15 Students
- grade C13 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade C minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responses
- Spirit Week29%
- Pep rallies14%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,189 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Tucker County High School Reviews
Rating 3.78 out of 5 51 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Tucker County High School, although it was very closed minded, had tons of great opportunities for learning that presented itself in forms of weighted grades in honors and AP classes and College classes that give you college credits! (If you pass their end of the year test, that is.)
Tucket county high School is very small and everyone knows everyone. It's almost like a family! The people are the ones who made it such an amazing school.
I like the activities of the school, and most of the teachers are ready to help you at any time during the day. The sports programs are always really good, and school activities are often. I would like to change the food that they serve, it isn't that good. I would also change some of the courses up, they don't offer a whole lot of career readiness pathways.