Trumbull High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-321 Students
- B-140 Students
- B+110 Students
- B-98 Students
- A+93 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+80 Students
- B+75 Students
- C+73 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.77 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.83 responses
Trumbull High School Reviews
Review Trumbull High School
Trumbull High is a great school! In my time there, I have made some lifelong friends, had the chance to learn from some of the coolest, smartest teachers, and to really get into sports events. The school is beautiful. Going in as a freshmen it had recently been redone; with glass windows and doors in the front, to a huge 2 floor college looking library, to the bright yellow, piercing white, and bold black lockers that lit up the hallways, the school was perfect. At Trumbull high I have taken some really great courses that have been both a lot of fun, and beneficial to my nearing future. These courses include: Culinary, Italian, Latin, Bake shop, Topics in applied mathematics, poetry, creative writing. I have gained a lot of knowledge and just basic lifelong skills from all the previously mentioned courses. Overall, I wouldn't trade going to Trumbull High for anything!
Let me start by saying, what didn't I like about Trumbull High? I attended this school from 2010-2014 and was able to graduate and tell people that I loved my high school. The amount of pride the students, faculty, staff, coaches, and parents have for this school is incredible. Trumbull High is consistently working on improving the overall education and experience for their students. There are so many resources that are readily available to students, such as guidance counselors, career development, etc. The faculty and staff are always willing to help students with any issue they may have, even if it is outside their expertise; they truly care about each and every student. This is just one of the many contributing factors as to why Trumbull High feels more like a close-knit community than a typical high school.
Over my years at Trumbull High, I've had the opportunity to have an extraordinary bunch of teachers. One teacher who really made an impact on me was, my sophomore year English teacher/and is my current poetry teacher. In his class we learn in creative and fun ways. He made reading the required books my sophomore year interesting. Now currently we are required to read pleasure books for 2 hours a week. I have never been much of a reader, but now I owe this teacher a huge thank you for allowing me to find a new love for books. This teacher is a really cool guy. He really cares about his students, the effort we put into class each and every day, and of course, his job. I have only met a few teachers who love their job as much as this teacher does. I truly look forward to heading into poetry class everyday this semester, just as I looked forward to English class as a sophomore!