Troy High School is an above average, public school located in Troy, NY. It has 1,267 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Troy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+68 Students
- C+67 Students
- B42 Students
- B-37 Students
- A+36 Students
- A34 Students
- B-32 Students
- B30 Students
- B29 Students
- A-29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Troy High School
- C+Lansingburgh Senior High School
- Lansingburgh Central School District, NY
- 76 reviews
- B-Schenectady High School
- Schenectady City School District, NY
- 145 reviews
- C+Cohoes High School
- Cohoes City School District, NY
- 52 reviews
- B-Waterford Junior/Senior High School
- Waterford-Halfmoon Union Free School District, NY
- 23 reviews
Troy High School Reviews
My experience has been pretty wonderful at Troy High. I am an honors student that always appreciates the high expectations that my teachers give me. I have not had any problems with making connections with the teachers or other administrators. All teachers try there best to see that every student advances in their education, no matter who they are. The music department is inviting and the ensemble directors look to teach students good habits. The sports teams are fun and our football team brings all kinds of people to their games. Playing during their games in stand band is always fun! So, I don’t have much complaints. I do wish, however, that our grades were weighted and that we had some more interesting electives.
I didn't like how at Troy high there are only certain sports that get attention. For example the volleyball team never wins games but this year they were 9-7! Pretty good! But not even the athletic director could be seen at those games. Of course the football team gets all the money, get meals before games, and basically pampered in school. The same for the basketball team since the principal is the head coach. Sports wise I think the school is very un fair. The school has lots of cliques that run the school. I was disappointed that all the college credit classes I took through local colleges never transferred over to my college. That's one of Troy highs marketing points, that we have a lot of college courses.
I went to Troy high school for my entire high school years. High school is really a change of life your going through so many different transitions while in high school. You may have a break up or lose a friend. You could hurt yourself during practice and have to miss a few games. I think the experience as i went through and grew up was a good 1. From starting 9th grade being afraid because the school is much bigger than middle school to having a little bit of friends to 12 grade being popular enough that I won prom queen. Some subjects are harder than others but you can always get a tutor. You learn so much about ppl because it’s different race and different cultures and personalities everyday. High school is really what you make it some of your most memorable moments will happen during these 4 years