Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Troy High School is an above average, public school located in Troy, NY. It has 1,279 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Troy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+82 Students
- grade C+75 Students
- grade B minus52 Students
- grade A+42 Students
- grade B minus42 Students
- grade A38 Students
- grade A minus35 Students
- grade B minus34 Students
- grade B32 Students
- grade A+31 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responses
- Football games20%
- Basketball games15%
- Top 6 Homecoming Court11%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$25,609 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 26 responses
Schools like Troy High School
- grade B minusLansingburgh Senior High School
- Lansingburgh Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 80 reviews
- grade B minusSchenectady High School
- Schenectady City School District, NY
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 160 reviews
- grade C+Cohoes High School
- Cohoes City School District, NY
- Rating 3.29 out of 5 56 reviews
- grade B minusWaterford Junior/Senior High School
- Waterford-Halfmoon Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 23 reviews
Troy High School Reviews
Rating 3.73 out of 5 160 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience has been pretty wonderful at Troy High. I am an honors student that always appreciates the high expectations that my teachers give me. I have not had any problems with making connections with the teachers or other administrators. All teachers try there best to see that every student advances in their education, no matter who they are. The music department is inviting and the ensemble directors look to teach students good habits. The sports teams are fun and our football team brings all kinds of people to their games. Playing during their games in stand band is always fun! So, I don’t have much complaints. I do wish, however, that our grades were weighted and that we had some more interesting electives.
I spent all 4 years of my high school experience at Troy High School, and I loved every second of it! I feel almost sad leaving because I feel an attachment to the school, the students the teachers, coaches, we all have such a good bond. In the same respect I'm happy to leave here for a new beginning and show another school the growth Troy High has given me. Everyone here is so nice and you can tell they really care.
Troy High School has a diverse environment which makes people, including myself, to feel that finding and making friends and relationships was effortless. I also like that Troy High did everything in their power to have fun events for students, especially during the pandemic. One thing I definitely feel could change about Troy High is their level of communication when it comes to the college or even just after school plans. I spoke to my counselor a few times and after telling her my college choice, she forgot and gave me information on every school except the one I wanted. By the time I got accepted to Siena she tried to tell me to reconsider applying to different schools, when all deadlines were already passed. I asked my other friends and classmates how their experience was and a lot of their answers were similar.