Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Troy High School is a top rated, public school located in Troy, MI. It has 2,050 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Troy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+727 Students
- A722 Students
- B353 Students
- B+317 Students
- B+189 Students
- B159 Students
- B+131 Students
- A+101 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+88 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.68 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.69 responses
Schools like Troy High School
- A+Athens High School
- Troy School District, MI
- 357 reviews
- A+International Academy
- Oakland Schools, MI
- 621 reviews
- A+Rochester Adams High School
- Rochester Community School District, MI
- 273 reviews
- A+Bloomfield Hills High School
- Bloomfield Hills Schools, MI
- 78 reviews
Troy High School Reviews
Some teachers are truly great, but they are overshadowed by an administration that lacks long-term vision and solely focuses on academic prestige, while not supporting academic growth?? At school, resources such as the libraries are not available at most times, even during lunch. Furthermore, the overall mentality here is pretty bad because administration focuses on college results moreso than students' individual growth. Ironically, college results to top institutions have drastically decreased in the past 3 years. Perhaps this is due to students from Troy High having difficulty succeeding at university because they are unable to adjust to the "Troy bubble." Lastly, yellow polo-ed SafeEds possibly keep the school safe, but are useless in enforcing and protecting student rights. For half the school population, 2 of the 3 bathrooms in the main section of the school are routinely closed every day.
I had quite the high school experience at Troy High. With a wide range of clubs and excellent fine arts programs, I found myself involved and actively participating in the school scene without much difficulty. The manifestation of diversity resulted in many cultural clubs, and learning about an unfamiliar culture was easily within arms reach. The exuding passion within all of the teachers created a professional yet comfortable atmosphere in the classrooms. All of the students were very driven which curated both inspiration and competition. One thing that I think could have been better was the school spirit from the entire student body. I wished that there was more participation from each student when it came to school-wide fundraisers or events like homecoming. Some particular things that made attending Troy High more fun and memorable were Rent-a-Senior, Wellness Weekend, and Mr. Troy High.
Troy High is a great school in material and academics. The overall quality of student life is only about half as it is hard to find a student that is not partaking in several advanced classes, and sports/clubs. Troy High is a school for overachievers that are ready for a challenge. The material is good, but the teachers don't have a high level of good response from students. It's about 50/50 whether you may receive a decent teacher. I was once given a teacher who struggled with a head injury and could not remember the class she was teaching. The class had to protest as she was failing us as she did not understand how to use the online grade book and sources. However, one bad teacher does not diminish the group of amazing teachers I have received. Some I've even kept in contact with after. I believe if you are ready to be challenged and show the world that you are capable of high education, Troy High is the right place for you.