Troy High School is an elite, public school located in Troy, MI. It has 1,980 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Troy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+430 Students
- A+403 Students
- B210 Students
- B+174 Students
- B+116 Students
- B+99 Students
- B+87 Students
- A+70 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 104 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.62 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Schools like Troy High School
- A+Athens High School
- Troy School District, MI
- 310 reviews
- A+International Academy
- Bloomfield Hills Schools, MI
- 509 reviews
- A+Rochester Adams High School
- Rochester Community School District, MI
- 212 reviews
- A+Bloomfield Hills High School
- Bloomfield Hills Schools, MI
- 55 reviews
Troy High School Reviews
I enjoyed Troy High School. The teachers are helpful and kind and they are always willing to give you a helping hand after or before school without getting paid extra. Troy High School is very elite and high classed, as well as having elite students who aim high for ivy league schools like princeton and harvard. One thing i would change about Troy High School is giving more options for students other than just college, such as technical schools, the armed forces and the labor force. Overall Troy High School is excellent.
I will look back on my time in Troy High School with fondness and as the beginning of my passion for biology and volunteering. Troy High has taught me how to explore the many possibilities in this world. I will belong to many communities, but I will always be a Troy Colt. Troy High’s greatest assets are its diversity and competitiveness. There are many different students at Troy High who add to my high school’s prestige by bringing their unique personalities to our student body. Also, Troy High's competitiveness has made me strive to be the best I can in my academics and extracurricular activities. Because of this environment, I constantly find new ways to work more efficiently. If anything were to change at Troy High, it would have to be its emphasis on athletics. If Troy High could spend more time devoting itself to sports, our athletics teams would excel, adding to the already esteemed reputation of Troy High.
My experience at Troy High School has been a very positive one. In terms of college readiness and academics, I feel that I have received top notch preparation. The teachers are very knowledgeable and willing to go above and beyond to help students. Administration is on top of everything at all times and consequently it is a safe, diverse and friendly environment. If there was one thing that I could change about the school it would be to improve upon the athletic teams and overall school spirit. Over the years the focus has become almost entirely on academics. While that is a good thing, I feel that sometimes administration begins to lose sight of the things that allow a high school student to enjoy the overall experience of being in high school. I feel that this experience should include school spirit and comradery that comes from athletics and extra-curricular activities. Because of this factor I would rate my high school experience at Troy High a 9.5 overall.