Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Troy Buchanan High School is a public school located in Troy, MO. It has 1,938 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Troy Buchanan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-240 Students
- B158 Students
- B+148 Students
- C+144 Students
- B-127 Students
- B108 Students
- B-104 Students
- B103 Students
- A102 Students
- A-94 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Troy Buchanan High School
- C+Winfield High School
- Winfield R-IV School District, MO
- 50 reviews
- B-Warrenton High School
- Warren County R-III School District, MO
- 134 reviews
- C+Elsberry High School
- Elsberry R-II School District, MO
- 41 reviews
- C+Wright City High School
- Wright City R-II School District, MO
- 60 reviews
Troy Buchanan High School Reviews
I went to Troy Buchanan High School for my high school career. I had previously gone to a small private school, and the transition between the two was very easy. The block schedule and the easy-to-understand layout of the building made the beginning of high school less stressful. The amount of Advanced Placement and Dual Credit classes is continuing to increase as the years go by, and the college readiness of graduating seniors is extremely high. There are strong department heads throughout the building and the administration team is spectacular. The sports programs are average, but the agricultural program is excellent. Overall, Troy Buchanan High School is a very nice school, and is continuing to improve.
There are a lot of things about Troy that are awesome and some that suck. The acedemics at Troy is what you make out of it. They offer a lot of challenging classes that have really taught me a lot and spruced up my transcript. The administration staff here is awful! I’m not just saying that because I’m a student and I ‘hate’ my principles, but they genuinely are awful. They are extremely rude to not only the students but parents included. They do not care about the students and WILL NEVER meet with you even if you ask for a meeting. The social scene at Troy is pretty good. Groups for all type of people: Jocks, potheads, music, Hicks, nerds, they have it all. And there are so pretty good highschool parties at least every other weekend. Some of the teachers do not care about anything but their checks which comes with the lower level classes.
Troy Buchanan High School is a pretty typical high school. I only gave it the three stars because of the outstanding teachers, staff, and advisors that work there. On the other hand there are very prevalent problems with drug and substance abuse amongst teens in the community. And with my stay at Troy Buchanan High School I did run into bulling and hateful derogatory comments. Otherwise the faculty their is outstanding and I am thankful to have been their students. They will really do anything to see their students succeed and it proves how much they really do care!