Troy Area Junior/Senior High School
- TROY, PA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Troy Area Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in TROY, PA. It has 650 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Troy Area Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+65 Students
- grade A+58 Students
- grade B45 Students
- grade C+33 Students
- grade A32 Students
- grade C+31 Students
- grade B minus21 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade B+17 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Troy Area Junior/Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responses
- The old shoe game. (between troy and rival canton)41%
- Pep Assemblies24%
- Musical Presentation21%
- Student Council Conferences7%
- FFA Conferences3%
- Spirit Week3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,592 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like Troy Area Junior/Senior High School
- grade CCanton Junior/Senior High School
- Canton Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.02 out of 5 41 reviews
- grade CMansfield Junior/Senior High School
- Southern Tioga School District, PA
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 48 reviews
- grade CTowanda Area Junior/Senior High School
- Towanda Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.3 out of 5 30 reviews
Troy Area Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.33 out of 5 107 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The best thing about Troy Area Jr/Sr High School is the staff. Particularly the teachers and guidance counselors. They are always available to help whenever I needed them and never turned me down. Even during quarantine, I'm emailing them about random ideas or theories I've come up with, and they offer the best advice back! They are never not around and I love that about this school. However, the school lacks communication with its students. I understand that we are not at liberty to know everything, but it would be great to have a clear picture of what some situations hold. There isn't much released and from what I've seen, the school board would rather argue that agree on what helps the students. Opinions are appreciated, but at some point, we've got to get things done to help both the teachers and students. It was an honor to be a part of this school and I can't wait to see my class when we have our reunions.
The small community and class sizes allow for students to create great relationships with their peers and teachers, but leave social interactions and opportunities limited. AP classes are offered based on student interest and many students have to independently study higher educational content. The school's athletic fields are driving, not walking distances from the school, but the school provides bussing for student athletes for specific sports. The school shows dedication to music and arts education along with agriculture education and pairs with a technical career center for students to work on certificates in technical careers while still completing their high school course work. Meeting times for clubs and non athletic extracurriculars is limited as there is not a designated time during the school day for it. Strong alumni connections are present in the district. Administration turnover is at a high rate. Family and community interactions with students and the school are strong.
Although a small town, Troy High School has a lot to offer for students when it comes to academics, athletics, and extracurricular activities. Students are assisted and supported by excellent faculty and staff throughout their academic high school career. An amazing part about this school is the way the students and staff come together as one team for fundraisers, our sports' teams, charitable/volunteering events, etc.. I would say the most impressive thing about Troy's students is their music department. The teachers and students in Troy's music department are all passionate about what they do and are always working together to improve each other and the department. Something that could be improved at Troy is the assistance in the guidance office, especially directed towards upcoming seniors and present seniors when it comes to talking with them personally about how they plan to be successful after high school.