Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Trout Lake High School is an above average, public school located in Trout Lake, WA. It has 153 students in grades 5-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Trout Lake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+13 Students
- A11 Students
- B+9 Students
- A9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B+8 Students
- A-8 Students
- B+8 Students
- A7 Students
- A-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Trout Lake High School Reviews
Trout Lake has small class sizes, which gives many students a feeling of closeness within their classes as well as with teachers. The school also encourages parent involvement, and is willing to provide students with resources other schools may not be. The community involvement is great; community members attend a majority of events throughout the year and supporting fundraising as well. Unfortunately, there are some teachers who don't seem to have much interest in teaching anymore, a lack of preparation for college level work, and few extracurricular activities. Overall it is a good school, but there are several things that need improvement.
In my experience, there was nothing exceptional about Trout Lake School. The small size provided students the opportunity to work with teachers more closely and stay on track, but it was minimized by the lack of social awareness in the teachers and students. Teachers and students alike used such non-PC terms as "retarded" and "oriental", and there was no lack of cultural appropriation (especially on halloween). The school and community surrounding it could use a catch-up lesson on what is socially appropriate.
It was an amazing experience and I am glad I was able to go to school here since I was in kindergarten! Be grateful for the things you have and listen to all the rules at all times.