Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Troup High School is an above average, public school located in Troup, TX. It has 328 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Troup High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C85 Students
- B62 Students
- B-48 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+38 Students
- B+28 Students
- A-25 Students
- A23 Students
- B+19 Students
- A-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Troup High School
- B+Whitehouse High School
- Whitehouse Independent School District, TX
- 166 reviews
- BArp High School
- Arp Independent School District, TX
- 34 reviews
- C+Jacksonville High School
- Jacksonville Independent School District, TX
- 71 reviews
- BLeverett's Chapel High School
- Leveretts Chapel Independent School District, TX
- 1 review
Troup High School Reviews
In my experience at Troup High School I have enjoyed all four years here. My first year I played football and I played jv as the starting running back. The following year I got moved up to varsity. It was the first day of shoulder pads and I blew my knee. It was the worst feeling I had ever felt not the fact that I blew my knee but that I wouldn't be able to play the rest of the year. The following year I got moved to wide receiver and I was excited! We were stacked with players but couldn't find a way in the playoffs. After the devastating season I was determined to put my all in the weight room and ended up making regionals in the 148 pound weight class. Now my last year of high school and our football season was neutral 5-5 so close yet so far from making the playoffs. Now we are in powerlifting and I'm looking forward to putting everything I can into making state in the 165 pound weight class.
I loved Troup High School because it was a small school. Everyone was friendly and because it was a small school I was able to build a relationship with all my classmates. The teachers were 100% committed to all students and helped everyone to the best of their ability. Troup high school is located in a small town called Troup. Growing up I was able to meet to all my friends parents and many adults throughout the town and it was almost like you were able to meet everyone who lived in Troup.
I’ve went to Troup from 5th grade to 9th grade, then again from 2nd semester of my junior year to present (almost to 2nd semester senior year). Just like any school, most kids just in general do not like school, yes I’m one of those people. Overall, Troup is okay. A little heads up to anyone that is planning on goin here is the teachers do have a favoritism thing. You might have a chance to survive here if you get in good with the teachers and coaches, take it from me, I didn’t. I’ve been on both sides you could say, when my mom started working at the high school when I came back to Troup, everyone was starting to be nicer to me and the coaches and teachers didn’t really have a problem with me when they found out my mom started working here. So good luck with this school and may God be with you, you’ll need him.