- Private, Lutheran
- Newport News, VA
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Latest news and updates are posted weekly on Trinity's COVID-19 information web page, as well as our school's comprehensive Safe School Year Plan. Learn More
At Trinity, we celebrate the unique characteristics of each child. Our school environment is structured to take students from center-based learning in preschool to leadership and student-centered learning in middle school.
Our academic program challenges students while preparing them for success in the most rigorous secondary school programs. Our Blue Ribbon Award from the U.S. Department of Education is an indicator of the academic success achieved at Trinity. At the same time, our full resource offerings allow students to explore their potential in athletics and the arts. There are many opportunities for children to excel at Trinity!
In 2020, we celebrated 60 years of excellence in education at Trinity. We’re proud of our legacy of “nurturing the whole child in a Christian environment”, and commit ourselves every day to supporting our mission. Join us for a visit, and you will see how we are educating tomorrow’s leaders.
Junior Kindergarten at Trinity
Trinity’s Junior Kindergarten is a five-day-a-week, full-day program designed to prepare students for the academic and social requirements of Kindergarten by introducing foundational reading and math concepts. At the same time, students are given time and space to develop classroom routines that are consistent with Lower School expectations.
- African American21.3%
- Native American0%
- Pacific Islander0%
- Offers Full WeekYes
- Offers Part WeekNo
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayYes
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C
Trinity Lutheran School Reviews
I'll tell you why:
1. Trinity has high academic AND holistic standards that are achieved through top-of-the-line programs combined with in-depth lessons of the Fruits of the Spirit!
2. The school is very responsive to parent questions/suggestions/concerns. When an issue arises, action is taken without delay and solutions are quickly and respectfully implemented.
3. The school is grounded in honesty and transparency, which is evident in ALL communication.
4. The head of school is PRESENT, ACCESSIBLE & DOWN-TO-EARTH. He is purposely visible each morning and afternoon carline and regularly sends out clear, concise communication.
It’s fitting that Trinity’s school colors are green and gold. To me, the gold stands for the unwavering quality and the green for the positive growth in so many directions that all the teachers, faculty and staff so lovingly nurture in each individual child.
Trinity education is TRULY a Preparation for LIFE.