Triangle Math & Science Academy is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Cary, NC. It has 802 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Triangle Math & Science Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+21 Students
- A+20 Students
- B+13 Students
- B-11 Students
- A-10 Students
- A+10 Students
- B+10 Students
- A-7 Students
- A+7 Students
- B6 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Triangle Math & Science Academy Reviews
All the teachers are committed to giving all their time. Most provide after school tutoring. And since classes range from 20 to 30, teachers can better focus on you. Most students stay, for years, making friendship between classmates strong. It’s academics are challenging, and most people in elementary and middle school take advanced courses up to 3 grades higher than there standard. I’m in 8th grade, and I’m going to take pre-calculus next year and I have already taken Biology, Chemistry, and Physics as high school courses. Everyone is really friendly, as I can socialize with anyone in my class as if we were best buddies. Here in middle school and high school we have access to chrome books (mini laptops) and even have our own school emails for school related stuff. In our computers class we excell, as I have already learned many programming languages such as HTML, Java Script, Java, Python, CSS, and Ruby.
Very good. Love the school. Good teachers and great facilities with dedicated teachers and staff. Teachers and staff are always ready to help and support the studies, clubs and other activities at the school. The building is a bit small with all k-12 grades in one building but the school admin is working on getting a bigger building. Many clubs, pre sat, pltw, science fairs, science Olympiad, model UN, and other clubs are active in the school. Many subjects and AP subjects are offered. Schools also has good counselors for the high school students and prepare them for the college.
My experience at TMSA has stellar. There are great peers that care about their schoolwork. The teachers are knowledgeable and want to see you succeed. There are many different extracurricular activities as well. If you do not find one that suits your interest, the administration is very open to new ideas. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to get a jumpstart on the road to success in any STEM field.