Tri-Valley High School
- Dresden, OH
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Tri-Valley High School is a public school located in Dresden, OH. It has 830 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Tri-Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+116 Students
- grade A minus88 Students
- grade A minus62 Students
- grade A minus59 Students
- grade B minus48 Students
- grade C43 Students
- grade C+42 Students
- grade B41 Students
- grade B37 Students
- grade B34 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
- Football games and dances50%
- Cheering at the pep rally's!10%
- Foreign Language Fair10%
- Senior Night10%
- Spirit Week10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,178 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Tri-Valley High School
- grade B minusMaysville High School
- Maysville Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 59 reviews
- grade B minusRiver View High School
- River View Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 66 reviews
- grade BRidgewood High School
- Ridgewood Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.31 out of 5 26 reviews
- grade B minusLicking Valley High School
- Licking Valley Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 106 reviews
Tri-Valley High School Reviews
Rating 3.74 out of 5 54 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Tri-Valley High school is an amazing school in my opinion. The teachers and staff are outstanding, we have great sports teams, and all of the students are very easy to get along with. Me and many others have learned so much at TVHS. My friends and I love attending this school!
During my time here at Tri-Valley, I have lived, learned, loved and lost, and gained knowledge as well as life long friendships. The teachers,for the most part, are caring and knowledgeable, and said educators have provided me and my fellow classmates with the education that we need for a successful life.
Tri-Valley, although large compared to other surrounding schools, feels like home. I feel as though there is the right amount of students here, large enough that you can blend in, but small enough that if you need personal, one-on-one help, you will get that. Diversity at TV is non-existent, but if you're looking for a place with decent academics and outstanding athletes and sports, this is where it's at. The majority of our teachers are dedicated to helping students if they need and many are extremely qualified for their jobs. A handful come to mind if you were to ask me about our teaching staff. The only downside to Tri-Valley would be the lack of diversity and the non-existent assemblies/pep rallies (which don't even take place during homecoming week).