Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Tri-Valley High School is a public school located in Colton, SD. It has 270 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Tri-Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+52 Students
- B36 Students
- B-20 Students
- B20 Students
- B16 Students
- A-14 Students
- A+12 Students
- B10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Tri-Valley High School
- BDell Rapids High School
- Dell Rapids School District, SD
- 56 reviews
- B-Baltic High School
- Baltic School District, SD
- 17 reviews
- B-West Central High School
- West Central School District, SD
- 83 reviews
- B-Montrose High School
- Montrose School District, SD
- 1 review
Tri-Valley High School Reviews
I would say that this school is overall good. We don't have very many choices of classes to take, but the staff try to make the most of it by trying to add more selections. We don't have a lot of money for the school and it doesn't help that we don't have a lot of people. The students don't care, though, because everyone has a great time. Because it is a small school, everyone knows everyone, which is a great experience to have. A school like this isn't an easy one to find in big cities, so if you would wish to go to one, move to the country and gear up your horses! I would say its good to have everybody's back when you need it. Making friends is easy because everyone is nice and tries to help in need. I like this school, other than some of the classes we don't have, and would choose this over a couple other ones.
Tri-Valley is in a smaller community which means that everyone is connected. The staff is very helpful and is willing to take the time to help you. They are also easy to work with and are understanding. A few things I would change are the food and facilities. The food is very hit or miss. Some days the food is spectacular and other days the food is hardly edible. The facilities are average. The gym is slightly out of date. The locker rooms are also out of date.
I love the size of the school. There are not too many people. If you need extra help with classes, the majority of the teachers are happy to help. The science classes offered here are very good. The English program at Tri-Valley High School, however, is not very good. The arts program is not good at Tri-Valley.