Treynor Middle/High School is a highly rated, public school located in Treynor, IA. It has 227 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A52 Students
- A45 Students
- C+32 Students
- B27 Students
- B22 Students
- B+21 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-13 Students
- B13 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Treynor Middle/High School
- A-Underwood High School
- Underwood Community School District, IA
- 55 reviews
- BGlenwood Senior High School
- Glenwood Community School District, IA
- 116 reviews
- CEast Mills Jr. Sr. High School
- East Mills Community School District, IA
- 41 reviews
- BLewis Central Senior High School
- Lewis Central Community School District, IA
- 203 reviews
Treynor Middle/High School Reviews
The class sizes are small so there is a lot of one on one with the teachers. There are many extracurricular activities available from student government to a wide variety of sports. The school staff have high expectations from students and student athletes. Opportunities are available to take college courses from a nearby community college online, in a Treynor classroom or at the junior college. Treynor graduates are fully prepared for the next step in their education.
Treynor is an amazing school with great academics and athletics. We are prepared pretty well for college and have access to taking college courses in our junior/senior years to get ahead. We also are motivated by our teachers to have high expectations, which also prepares us. The only thing I would like to see change an alteration to the system of class ranks since, as of now, anyone who has a 4.0 is a valedictorian. Treynor is a wonderful school.
Treynor High School has shaped me to be the way that I am today, whether that be a good or a bad thing. Treynor has great academics and the majority of students that attend are known for their success in this field. Treynor has taught me that I need to be driven toward my goals and work hard in order to succeed. In my opinion, the greatest problem at Treynor is the diversity of staff and students. The majority of students are Caucasian and middle-class. This could possibly skew these students ideas of how things are outside of the small town of Treynor. Diversity is something that is very important to me and I am excited to experience a lot more of it when I graduate and move on to college. Overall, my time spent at Treynor has been very positive and it has helped me to succeed and make many lifelong friends while doing so.